4 machines about to revolutionize the way we prepare food
Okay, this looks like a joke, but it doesn't appear as though it is. Star Trek replicators for food? We got 3D printers that can make rocket engines, so now the Israelis have come up with this:

:comp:

Article Wrote:Link to Original Article

4 machines about to revolutionize the way we prepare food
3D print veggie meat or burgers that taste like the real deal, shape a cake to your exact specifications or prepare a complete meal in three minutes.
By Abigail Klein Leichman December 2, 2018, 8:40 am
[Image: shutterstock_burgermachine-1168x657.jpg]
Illustrative photo by Denis Ronin/Shutterstock.com

Eshchar Ben-Shitrit grew up on a kibbutz where his mother ran the dairy farm. He observed the strong bond between cows and their calves, and this memory triggered something in him when he became a father four years ago.

“When my first son was born I felt it was not possible to eat meat anymore. I felt I’d be eating someone else’s child,” Ben-Shitrit tells ISRAEL21c. “I got obsessed with finding a solution for people who enjoy meat, like me, but don’t want to eat animals.”

[Image: eshchar-boy.jpg]Eshchar Ben-Shitrit as a boy in the kibbutz barnyard. Photo: courtesy

Using professional expertise honed at printing companies including HP Indigo and Highcon, Ben-Shitrit quit his job earlier this year and founded Jet-Eat. Working with food scientists, he’s developing 3D printing technologies to produce plant-based “beef” with the approximate appearance, texture and mouth feel of cattle meat.

“We need to make a steak without killing a cow,” he says, pointing out that the 20,000 liters of water and 20 kilograms of feed necessary to produce 1 kilogram of meat is horribly inefficient and wasteful. In addition to using far less water and raw materials, his product would contain hardly any cholesterol, more fiber and none of the risks of contamination that come with fresh meat.

[Image: jet-eat-ground-beef.jpg]Plant-based “ground beef” produced by Jet-Eat’s unique technology. Photo: courtesy

Ben-Shitrit’s technology is not the same as cultured or “clean” meat manufactured from live animal cells, although this is another rapidly advancing industry in Israel with startups including Jerusalem-based Future Meat Technologies and Tel Aviv-based Aleph Farms and SuperMeat.

[...]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
Amazing, although I don't know how nutritious they would be compared to the originals.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • Zedta
Sounds like Frankenfood to me. :( If you don't like the idea of eating meat, just stop eating it and learn to like vegetables.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Zedta
That kind of food doesn’t sound too good. It doesn’t sound as bad as a food product brand name like “Ben-Shitrit” though.
[-] The following 5 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • Augustinian, Hildegarde, JacafamalaRedux, Teresa Agrorum, Zedta
"I felt like was eating someone else's child."

I get that its wrong to mistreat animals, but they are not people and were put on this earth as food for man. This is just insanity.

As for the device, eh, it's cool I guess. I feel bad for the poor guy whose job it is to PM and clean it though.
I've tried veggie burgers a couple times lately (the soy-free ones, mind you), and they're not bad. I personally feel really bloated and lethargic after red meat, so it's a welcome change to me. Although I'm skeptical about a future where food is formed from a nondescript "food paste" by a machine.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Zedta
To turn plants into a high-protein meat substitute so that the food supply can be more secure, and poor can have access to high-quality protein id est every pauper can eat steak for dinner, is a noble endeavor.

To turn plants into "meat" because you are a stupid hippie who thinks animals are humans, is just stupid.
[-] The following 4 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian, CopiosaApudEumRedemptio, JacafamalaRedux, Zedta