Coughing last night, this morning
...had pain in chest last night too. It doesn't feel like anything serious but I may have to just play safe for now. My elderly grandmother lives with us so if it is something, I hope it doesn't harm her.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Zedta
(03-14-2020, 07:17 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: ...had pain in chest last night too. It doesn't feel like anything serious but I may have to just play safe for now. My elderly grandmother lives with us so if it is something, I hope it doesn't harm her.

We are praying! (Please see a message I left for you.)
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Zedta
:pray: :pray2: :pray:

I will pray and wish you and your family the very best. God Bless You.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Zedta
newenglandsun Wrote:...had pain in chest last night too. It doesn't feel like anything serious but I may have to just play safe for now. My elderly grandmother lives with us so if it is something, I hope it doesn't harm her.

I wouldn't go panicking.
There's a lot of colds and flus going on.
I'll pray for you regardless, of course.
Drink lots of H20.
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • newenglandsun, Zedta
Quote:I wouldn't go panicking. 
Good advice.

Still, you have concerns about your grandmother. It would be worth peace of mind to call the doctor and describe your symptoms. May God bless you!
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Zedta
Prayers for everyone in your house.  Whatever it is, the elderly are more susceptible.  That's the thing nobody talks about in the media: flu, colds, etc are all worse for the elderly.  Admittedly, coronavirus is worse . . .
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontevrault's post:
  • newenglandsun
(03-14-2020, 07:31 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Prayers for everyone in your house.  Whatever it is, the elderly are more susceptible.  That's the thing nobody talks about in the media: flu, colds, etc are all worse for the elderly.  Admittedly, coronavirus is worse . . .

A few years ago, I almost died from a common cold that morphed into bronchitis. Be careful round us old folks!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Fontevrault, Teresa Agrorum
It's not just old folks (unless 37 counts as old) ... I once developed sinusitis and bronchitis and couldn't kick it - for 2 months.  Doctors kept expecting pneumonia.
:D
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 2 users Like Fontevrault's post:
  • jovan66102, Teresa Agrorum
(03-14-2020, 09:41 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Doctors kept expecting pneumonia.
:D

Ah, pneumonia! I've lost track of how many times I've had it. It used to be called 'the enemy of the young and the friend of the old'. Before antibiotics, oxygen therapy, etc., it was often a death sentence, but it was a reasonably easy way to go. I've had the pneumonia shot because it would be a probable death sentence for me, as would COVID-19 and, possibly, even the seasonal flu.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

It's clearing up now. I'll stay home from church though Sunday, but should be able to work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Margaret-Mary