Rights and Religious Liberty
(08-20-2020, 12:00 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 09:56 AM)Adventus Wrote: For those interested, Dr. Thomas Pink will debate Fr. David Sherry (SSPX) on Vatican 2 on November 16th.

It is supposed to focus in particular to what extent the state, on its own authority, can recognize the Church, implement and enforce what is prescribed.

Which is mostly under DH.

Where will this debate be streamed or otherwise posted online?

It didn't say. I'll post it if I find out. I was just going to start searching it on YouTube once Nov. 16 passed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Adventus's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
(08-20-2020, 01:45 PM)SimplyCatholic333 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 01:17 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 12:23 PM)SimplyCatholic333 Wrote: The Post Conciliar Church no longer condemns error (dogmatically).  It's approach is to let error persist, and to let people persist in their errors, hoping that men by their natural reason, will eventually come to see it for error and reject it of their own volition.  The book I recommended on another thread (Iota Unum by Romano Amerio goes in detail and lays it out with a bunch of examples, especially from Paul VI).

So basically Protestantism, then.

More like secular humanism, with the emphasis being placed on natural reason.  The post conciliar church is more interested in the rational man then the supernatural man.  They seem to have bought into the contemporary notion that these two realities are somehow incompatible with one another.

The Catholic Man can be both. There is no reason that being rational should have to snuff out your supernaturalism.
Catholicism "is" the intersection of faith and reason. I don't understand the modern Church's interest in placing reason above faith.
[-] The following 2 users Like SimplyCatholic333's post:
  • austenbosten, jovan66102
(08-20-2020, 03:41 PM)SimplyCatholic333 Wrote: Catholicism "is" the intersection of faith and reason.  I don't understand the modern Church's interest in placing reason above faith.

That just sounds odd to me. It just sounds like saying "why is the Church placing truth above truth". There is no conflict other than what secular humanists falsely say there is.
[-] The following 2 users Like Adventus's post:
  • austenbosten, jovan66102
(08-20-2020, 12:00 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 09:56 AM)Adventus Wrote: For those interested, Dr. Thomas Pink will debate Fr. David Sherry (SSPX) on Vatican 2 on November 16th.

It is supposed to focus in particular to what extent the state, on its own authority, can recognize the Church, implement and enforce what is prescribed.

Which is mostly under DH.

Where will this debate be streamed or otherwise posted online?

The debate will take place in the Reason and Theology YouTube channel on Nov. 16th @ 1:00pm (EST?).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Adventus's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
(08-21-2020, 02:31 PM)Adventus Wrote: The debate will take place in the Reason and Theology YouTube channel on Nov. 16th @ 1:00pm (EST?).

I would like to see R&T do one on sedevacantism, but for some reason no one will come on. I know the Dimond "Bros" would not do it, and Fr Cekada is too busy, but I would think they could get John Lane on.
(08-21-2020, 10:03 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 02:31 PM)Adventus Wrote: The debate will take place in the Reason and Theology YouTube channel on Nov. 16th @ 1:00pm (EST?).

I would like to see R&T do one on sedevacantism, but for some reason no one will come on.  I know the Dimond "Bros" would not do it, and Fr Cekada is too busy, but I would think they could get John Lane on.

That would be a nice change of pace. I stopped following R&T after their 20th discussion on essence/energies and Palamism.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(08-21-2020, 10:09 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 10:03 PM)austenbosten Wrote:

I would like to see R&T do one on sedevacantism, but for some reason no one will come on.  I know the Dimond "Bros" would not do it, and Fr Cekada is too busy, but I would think they could get John Lane on.

That would be a nice change of pace. I stopped following R&T after their 20th discussion on essence/energies and Palamism.

I know riiiiiiiight????

How many damn times do they need to talk about Eastern Orthodoxy...they are doing it again tonight right now!!!!

I also wonder what happened to Craig Trulia, the fedora wearing EO with the Def Leppard tshirts? Did they have a falling out? It seems it's just Lofton, Ybarra, and Albrecht show now.
St. Gregory and the energies and Palamism should really be a non-issue theologically for RC's.

Unless you just meant it as you were simply tired of hearing it, which is understandable.
(08-24-2020, 10:42 AM)Adventus Wrote: St. Gregory and the energies and Palamism should really be a non-issue theologically for RC's.

Unless you just meant it as you were simply tired of hearing it, which is understandable.
I'm just tired of hearing it.
It's basically another way of expressing virtual distinctions in God. Great. Okay, talk about something else now, please.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4