Going down a rocky road - Please pray...
Quote:Finally I found my secret weapon.  Since they were unwanted I offered them up as a prayer for my soul and others in danger of the fires of Hell and boom---gone!  That's the last thing Satan wants!

That's what I needed to hear too. What a great idea.

Fight fear with love. Husbands and wives, it's time for a second honeymoon. Let those who live alone transform their isolation into a hermitage.

I'd bet that all of us are suffering terrible attacks or are about to--this situation seems designed to separate us from Holy Mother Church, our source of spiritual support, and from each other. Please pray for those who find themselves quarantined with family members they barely know, and especially for those who are utterly abandoned.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
I know no one is saying this, but a lot of people turn to religion cuz they're looking for prayers to zap them clean. Let's not over spiritualize our addictions. None of the advice on offer is bad, however.
(03-21-2020, 12:24 AM)19405 Wrote: As for professional problems, a lot of people start compulsive sexual behavior to manage other problems: anxiety; ADD; etc.

Getting that dealt with is very important. Finding a good shrink can help (assuming you've got the insurance).

I have been consulting one since 4 years for a classical case of anxiety that I was suffering from...

Well, I have relatively improved but there’s nothing in medicine that can treat your addictions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(03-21-2020, 07:40 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: There are priests offering drive-thru confessionals right now. It's possible one might be in your area. It's tough and without sufferings to offer to God it's going to be extremely difficult which is why so many priests have stepped up to the plate to at least provide these drive-thru confessionals.

I currently reside in South Asia... Curfew has been imposed in the province I reside in (‘State of emergency’ as they call it in the West) and movement has been restricted severely to combat the pandemic...

Gosh, I feel so hopeless...! Never was Lent ever so hard nor have I gone through such a double whammy !

Anyways, thank God that you are you still able to avail the sacraments although in a limited scale...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(03-23-2020, 12:52 PM)AndreasIosephus Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 12:24 AM)19405 Wrote: As for professional problems, a lot of people start compulsive sexual behavior to manage other problems: anxiety; ADD; etc.

Getting that dealt with is very important. Finding a good shrink can help (assuming you've got the insurance).

I have been consulting one since 4 years for a classical case of anxiety that I was suffering from...

Well, I have relatively improved but there’s nothing in medicine that can treat your addictions...
There's nothing in medicine that in its own can cure an addiction. Medicine can help treat an addiction. Have you tried CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy?) I don't know what the state of things are in your region, but CBT could be really good for you. 

Also, seriously, please call sexaholics anonymous. Please.
(03-28-2020, 12:17 PM)19405 Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 12:52 PM)AndreasIosephus Wrote:

There's nothing in medicine that in its own can cure an addiction. Medicine can help treat an addiction. Have you tried CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)? I don't know what the state of things are in your region, but CBT could be really good for you. 

Also, seriously, please call sexaholics anonymous. Please.