COVID-19 Check In and Prayers
(04-03-2020, 10:19 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I started this thread and then I go missing for several days! No, I don't have the CCPVirus.. However, the charging cord for my laptop shot craps. A new one should arrive on Monday . In the meantime I'm limited to my tablet. I type slowly enough as it is! But on my laptop I'm a speed typist compared to typing ones s tablet screen.. On Monday  the Good Lord willing, I'll be back in full form. Praying for all of you everyday.

Oh thank goodness, Jovan.

I've been praying for you and was going to ask about your whereabouts if you didn't show up tonight!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • jovan66102
Said cord has arrived. The laptop is charging as I type this. I've got a lot of catching up to do, both here and on my blog. I hope everyone is keeping well. You're all in my prayers.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, Sacred Heart lover, SeeTheLight
The C&SH and I, as well as our family, are weathering the storm quite nicely. I'm basically staying home, but she still has to go work. We're now up to three cases in our small population, rural county. I'm surprised that it's not more, since as I pointed out, two of the counties adjacent, both with cities larger than our county's population, have a combined total of 85 cases, and they're both work, shopping and doctors's appointment destinations for people here.

Hall County, population 62K, site of a meat packing plant, is rapidly overtaking Douglas County, population 571K, as the Nebraska county with the most cases.

All the Fishies are in my daily prayers. Stay safe, and keep praying for an end to this. And pray for the people who have died from it, including the (so far) 109 Priests in Italy.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-16-2020, 07:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: The C&SH and I, as well as our family, are weathering the storm quite nicely. I'm basically staying home, but she still has to go work. We're now up to three cases in our small population, rural county. I'm surprised that it's not more, since as I pointed out, two of the counties adjacent, both with cities larger than our county's population, have a combined total of 85 cases, and they're both work, shopping and doctors's appointment destinations for people here.

Hall County, population 62K, site of a meat packing plant, is rapidly overtaking Douglas County, population 571K, as the Nebraska county with the most cases.

All the Fishies are in my daily prayers. Stay safe, and keep praying for an end to this. And pray for the people who have died from it, including the (so far) 109 Priests in Italy.

I'm so glad to hear that, Jovan!  

Keep in mind that the vast majority of cases have no symptoms and the numbers will continue to rise as people get tested.

Also, many of the cases with symptoms are "assumed" to be CV19 without being tested.
In Turkey, the number of cases from Covid is now growing ((But I was lucky - I bought a house - now we can at least be outdoors at home and swim in the pool, and not suffer in apartments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes turk24's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
My brother gave me the Kung Flu cooties. Then it went through the family, all except one daughter and hubs, both of whom got the jab.... My poor mom had it the worst. She's still in rehab. Hopefully coming home soon, but her legs are like jelly right now. I'm hoping and praying she can get some strength back so I can manage her care here at home.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(04-16-2021, 06:49 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: My brother gave me the Kung Flu cooties. Then it went through the family, all except one daughter and hubs, both of whom got the jab.... My poor mom had it the worst. She's still in rehab. Hopefully coming home soon, but her legs are like jelly right now. I'm hoping and praying she can get some strength back so I can manage her care here at home.

Prayers for a full recovery for your mom - she is blessed to have you close enough to care for her and give her encouragement!

My son's godmother's sister (in her 20s and in perfect health) had a bad case too and was in and out of the hospital for months and had to relearn how to walk.

May God give your mother strength... and her guardian angel steady her and keep her from falling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Little Fish's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
If everyone could say a quick Ave for my family. My dad has leukemia and I'm pregnant, and my sister just lost her sense of taste and smell two days ago after unknowingly exposing all of us. She took two tests today so hopefully we will know soon.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
Prayers for the health and well-being of all of you.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, SacraCor714
(04-16-2021, 09:15 AM)Little Fish Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 06:49 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: My brother gave me the Kung Flu cooties. Then it went through the family, all except one daughter and hubs, both of whom got the jab.... My poor mom had it the worst. She's still in rehab. Hopefully coming home soon, but her legs are like jelly right now. I'm hoping and praying she can get some strength back so I can manage her care here at home.

Prayers for a full recovery for your mom - she is blessed to have you close enough to care for her and give her encouragement!

My son's godmother's sister (in her 20s and in perfect health) had a bad case too and was in and out of the hospital for months and had to relearn how to walk.

May God give your mother strength... and her guardian angel steady her and keep her from falling.

Thank you!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.