DC's first virus fatality
Although I doubt many on this forum may have read his books, either the scholarly studies on medieval theology, Thomas Merton, and Franciscan Studies, or his popular inspirational titles from his "Dating God" earlier blogging stint, this prolific young Friar Minor's death is a loss to the Church. He's the first confirmed COVID - 19 fatality in Washington D.C. Pray for this priest's soul...
I update this as incorrect information was forwarded to me as if Fr. Horan instead had died. My apologies.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord!
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
Dan Horan?  The name I see is Br. John-Sebastian Laird-Hammond. I’m not familiar with him. I do know who Dan Horan (OFM) is, and he is most certainly not a cleric one ought to follow.
God bless his soul!

And keep this in mind:

"Laird-Hammond, 59, had been battling leukemia for years, Dunham added."

The average age of those who die from CV19 is 81 and it especially affects those who have other underlying conditions.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(03-22-2020, 01:08 AM)Fionnchu Wrote: Although I doubt many on this forum may have read his books, either the scholarly studies on medieval theology, Thomas Merton, and Franciscan Studies, or his popular inspirational titles from his "Dating God" earlier blogging stint, this prolific young Friar Minor's death is a loss to the Church. He's the first confirmed COVID - 19 fatality in Washington D.C. Pray for this priest's soul...
Indeed. Incorrect Friar. Still tragic but Daniel Horan is still very much alive.
My apologies; I was forwarded this via my Kindle late last night, so with limited typing I passed this on. The information sent me was framed as if Fr. Horan died rather than his Franciscan confrere. And rest in peace, fellow friar.

P.S. I edited the OP and title of this thread.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)