Bishops will re-consecrate Portugal to Immaculate Heart to fight coronavirus
PORTUGAL, March 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Faced with the coronavirus crisis, the Church of Portugal will renew its consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary on March 25, at the end of the 6:30 P.M. rosary (1:30 P.M. New York time). Since the announcement of this initiative by the bishops of Portugal on Saturday, the bishops of Spain have asked to join this initiative. Following their request, the Portuguese episcopate this Monday offered the bishops’ conferences of the world to join in this “act of devotion.” https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bishop...oronavirus

Some good news !
[-] The following 7 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Augustinian, Hildegarde, josh987654321, Sacred Heart lover, SeeTheLight, Te Deum, Teresa Agrorum
Most Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, please let this be the beginning of a trend that leads to the consecration of Russia!
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8
[-] The following 7 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • dahveed, Eric F, Fionnchu, jovan66102, Sacred Heart lover, SeeTheLight, Teresa Agrorum
(03-24-2020, 07:31 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Most Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, please let this be the beginning of a trend that leads to the consecration of Russia!

Poland and Ireland on board too https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...n-march-25
[-] The following 7 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Augustinian, dahveed, Fionnchu, josh987654321, Sacred Heart lover, SeeTheLight, Teresa Agrorum
This is incredible praise be to God!
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 2 users Like SeeTheLight's post:
  • dahveed, Teresa Agrorum
(03-24-2020, 07:27 PM)Eric F Wrote: PORTUGAL, March 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Faced with the coronavirus crisis, the Church of Portugal will renew its consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary on March 25, at the end of the 6:30 P.M. rosary (1:30 P.M. New York time). Since the announcement of this initiative by the bishops of Portugal on Saturday, the bishops of Spain have asked to join this initiative. Following their request, the Portuguese episcopate this Monday offered the bishops’ conferences of the world to join in this “act of devotion.” https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bishop...oronavirus

Some good news !

Oh thank you. I will wake up early in Australia to tune in. 
I've been to Fátima b4... This act of consencration will be beautiful.

A rich history Portugal has with the Church from the moment of its conception.
I will tell the story on another thread one day of how the nation of Portugal was created in the name of Christ and against all odds took the Gospel across the globe  It's a beautiful event that only Portuguese people kind of know about.

Then Nossa Senhora graced us with her presence to confirm that Portugal is still a nation of Christ. Protected throughout her history... 

If u watch it and would like to pray along in Portuguese this is how

Pai nosso que estais nos céus
Santificado seja o vosso nome
Venha nos o vosso reino
Seja feita a vossa vontade
Assim na terra como no céu
O pão nosso de cada dia nos daí hoje
Perdoai-nos as nossas ofensas
Assim como nós perdoamos
A quem nos tem ofendido
E não deixas cair em tentação
Mas livrai-nos do mal
Amen

Avé Maria, cheia de graça,
o Senhor é convosco.
Bendita sois vós entre as mulheres,
e bendito é o fruto do vosso ventre, Jesus.

Santa Maria, Mãe de Deus,
rogai por nós pecadores,
agora e na hora da nossa morte.
Amen.

It's easy. Don't get intimidated by the the accents. 
Ignore all the squiggles apart from this one ç
Its a soft c, pronounced like an s. Like grace, graça 

May God give us all the strength to get through these dark times through our Lord Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary.
[-] The following 3 users Like Porkncheese's post:
  • Fionnchu, josh987654321, Te Deum
(03-25-2020, 09:09 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: A rich history Portugal has with the Church from the moment of its conception.
I will tell the story on another thread one day of how the nation of Portugal was created in the name of Christ and against all odds took the Gospel across the globe  It's a beautiful event that only Portuguese people kind of know about.

Then Nossa Senhora graced us with her presence to confirm that Portugal is still a nation of Christ. Protected throughout her history... 

If u watch it and would like to pray along in Portuguese this is how

Pai nosso que estais nos céus
Santificado seja o vosso nome
Venha nos o vosso reino
Seja feita a vossa vontade
Assim na terra como no céu
O pão nosso de cada dia nos daí hoje
Perdoai-nos as nossas ofensas
Assim como nós perdoamos
A quem nos tem ofendido
E não deixas cair em tentação
Mas livrai-nos do mal
Amen

Avé Maria, cheia de graça,
o Senhor é convosco.
Bendita sois vós entre as mulheres,
e bendito é o fruto do vosso ventre, Jesus.

Santa Maria, Mãe de Deus,
rogai por nós pecadores,
agora e na hora da nossa morte.
Amen.

It's easy. Don't get intimidated by the the accents. 
Ignore all the squiggles apart from this one ç
Its a soft c, pronounced like an s. Like grace, graça 

May God give us all the strength to get through these dark times through our Lord Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Portuguese and some Brazilians, though there has been a long campaign here to smear and damage our dear Portuguese heritage and paint them as stinky thieves who did nothing for us, while depicting many freemasons as saviours and patriarchs of our history. But politics aside, there's a reason why Our Lady went to Portugal, and why she's called queen of Portugal, and it didn't came from the people.
When Portugal recovered it's independence from Spain, Dom João IV of the Bragança decided that she would be crowned queen of Portugal and all it's territories, while he and all future monarchs would only be acclaimed kings.

As for encouraging non-Portuguese speakers to speak Portuguese... do at your own risk.  :D
It's a bit difficult for many non-speakers, specially it's particularities, like the ç and ã. I can vividly remember my French teacher trying to pronounce my name.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 2 users Like Ioannes_L's post:
  • Fionnchu, Te Deum
And there's the problem with the ofensas/ofendidos-offenses/offended, for it used to be dívidas/devedores-debts/debtors.
Many trads, at least here in Brazil, go with the old form.
Ite ad Ioseph
Is there a particular reason for going with the old form over there in Brazil? Is that traditional?
As far as I understand debts/debtors was changed in the late 50's for offenses/offended, some traditional figures accepted the new translation and used it, while some kept with the old form. Most modern traditional Catholics tend to stick with the old form, and some go even further and say Padre Nosso rather than the usual Pai Nosso.
Why we use Spanish words for priests and nuns? That's a question for historians and linguistics.
Ite ad Ioseph
(03-25-2020, 09:36 AM)Ioannes_L Wrote: Portuguese and some Brazilians, though there has been a long campaign here to smear and damage our dear Portuguese heritage and paint them as stinky thieves who did nothing for us, while depicting many freemasons as saviours and patriarchs of our history. But politics aside, there's a reason why Our Lady went to Portugal, and why she's called queen of Portugal, and it didn't came from the people.
When Portugal recovered it's independence from Spain, Dom João IV of the Bragança decided that she would be crowned queen of Portugal and all it's territories, while he and all future monarchs would only be acclaimed kings.

As for encouraging non-Portuguese speakers to speak Portuguese... do at your own risk.  :D
It's a bit difficult for many non-speakers, specially it's particularities, like the ç and ã. I can vividly remember my French teacher trying to pronounce my name.

Bom dia meu irmão do Brasil, o Senhor esteja com vosco 
Eu agradece os meus pais que mandei-me para a escola nos Sábados para aprender a ler e escrever esta linguá do encanto

I love all the particularities of the language, our names are often very particular.

The Brasilian accent is particular in itself, it's well pronounced and often sounds like a song.
My parents are from Madeira who also have our own dialect.
Apart from us I find the other Portuguese speaking nations, in Africa and Asia, speak like the people from the continent

As for trying to teach others the language it is a risky prospect indeed.
I thought i'd give an explanation of ç but i didn't even try to teach the ã and õ cos i know they just cannot pronounce it

My dad's name is João so i know first hand the difficulties they have in pronouncing it...
Have u ever seen this funny video...

Eventually my dad gave up and said just call me John... LoL

Do u know how the first king of Portugal, Dom Afonso Henriques had an encounter with Christ similar to that of Constantine?
I will tell the story on another thread so keep an eye open for it...

Deus te abençoê