Poll: Is China at fault for the origin or spread? Should China be held liable for damages?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
China is at fault and should be held liable for damages.
84.62%
11 84.62%
China is at fault but should not be held liable for damages.
7.69%
1 7.69%
China is not at fault and should not be held liable for damages.
7.69%
1 7.69%
China is not at fault but should be held liable for damages.
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

China is Legally Resposible for COVID-19 Damage, and Claims Could Be in the Millions
Information 
https://warontherocks.com/2020/03/china-...trillions/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bombero's post:
  • jovan66102
Trying to hold China liable for damages would be absolutely ridiculous, unless we know 100% this came from their Bio Lab through negligence and carelessness, in any case it certainly wasn't intentional and could have happened anywhere.

We ourselves should be held accountable for being so dependent on other nations that when one Country sneezes we all catch a cold... in this case literally, but the same would have been true in an economic collapse or some other failure. We can't control the world. Maybe this will be a good wake up call, to ensure all essentials can be manufactured in our own Countries and that our own Countries can be self sufficient in an event that we would need to completely lock down the borders.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • tucherb
(03-25-2020, 08:33 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: Trying to hold China liable for damages would be absolutely ridiculous, unless we know 100% this came from their Bio Lab through negligence and carelessness, in any case it certainly wasn't intentional and could have happened anywhere.

Whether or not it came from their biolab (which I don't believe) or from the wet market in Wuhan (which I do believe), there is no doubt that it originated in China and as is explained in the article in this thread, China Could Have Reduced Coronavirus Cases by 95%, Avoided Global Pandemic: Study, China lied, covered it up, punished their own people for trying to warn the world, and in general turned what could have been a small, regional epidemic into a world wide pandemic putting the entire world at risk.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Quote:We ourselves should be held accountable for being so dependent on other nations that when one Country sneezes we all catch a cold...

Ouch. Is that ever true.

China is now figuring out a way to get us to take the blame and even pay the damages. (Watch closely, it'll be quite a trick.)
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • josh987654321
(03-25-2020, 11:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Whether or not it came from their biolab (which I don't believe) or from the wet market in Wuhan (which I do believe), there is no doubt that it originated in China and as is explained in the article in this thread, China Could Have Reduced Coronavirus Cases by 95%, Avoided Global Pandemic: Study, China lied, covered it up, punished their own people for trying to warn the world, and in general turned what could have been a small, regional epidemic into a world wide pandemic putting the entire world at risk.

But back to my main point, we can't control these other Countries, imagine if it broke out in a Country like Venezuela? and then went through South America? Would sanctions or punishment on Venezuela change anything? It would just make matters worse. Need to be able to respond to whatever comes our way as a nation because today it's China, tomorrow it could be anything from anywhere economic or viral and punishment or sanctions will not change that one bit.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

(03-25-2020, 08:33 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: Trying to hold China liable for damages would be absolutely ridiculous, unless we know 100% this came from their Bio Lab through negligence and carelessness, in any case it certainly wasn't intentional and could have happened anywhere.

Did you read the article that points on specifically which international laws contradict YOU? And judging from your Australian flag, I must ask, are you of Chinese descent? I ask because I have encountered a lot of China defenders on the Internet lately and they are not only strenuously deflecting blame from China but blaming the USA.
(03-26-2020, 01:27 AM)Bombero Wrote: Did you read the article that points on specifically which international laws contradict YOU?

Not yet, I'll have a look, I seriously doubt however I will change my mind since I've heard of this in other news and think it's a bad idea.

(03-26-2020, 01:27 AM)Bombero Wrote: And judging from your Australian flag, I must ask, are you of Chinese descent? I ask because I have encountered a lot of China defenders on the Internet lately and they are not only strenuously deflecting blame from China but blaming the USA.

I'm not of Chinese decent, I have Scottish and Irish ancestry. I also think it's even more stupid for them to be making up a ridiculous theory of US soldiers infecting them. But my point still stands, we can't be playing the blame game, China may indeed be responsible, but you can't control other Countries, and there are dozens more Countries where something like this could happen again, we can only control our own Countries and no amount of sanctions and punishment is going to change that, it will just heighten tensions at a bad time and achieve nothing.

It should be just used to show Trump was right in trying to reduce the Wests reliance on Chinese and other outside goods.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

How many epidemics need to come out of China before enough is enough?
[-] The following 2 users Like Bombero's post:
  • jovan66102, Teresa Agrorum
(03-26-2020, 07:08 PM)Bombero Wrote: How many epidemics need to come out of China before enough is enough?

Enough already is enough, but you can't punish or put sanctions or China and expect anything to change. Our nations need to be in a position to deal with it by not being so dependent on Chinese goods. If we are not so dependent on Countries like China, not only do we get more sovereignty, but it enables us to act quickly and more easily in locking down and controlling our borders.

Should we punish Italy too because they opened it up to Europe? We can't control these other Countries.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

He tried to get the word out, but the ChiComs made sure he wouldn't. He died of it. 

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Bombero, josh987654321, Teresa Agrorum