Poll: Should old and weak people be sacrificed so the economy can go on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, absolutely. Let COVID-19 rip through the world. Like removing a Band-Aid, it will be over fast.
9.09%
1 9.09%
Yes but there should be measures to limit their chances of infection.
18.18%
2 18.18%
No but but there should be measures to limit their chances of infection.
54.55%
6 54.55%
No, absolutely not. I would rather the world suffer a decade-long economic depression than let one person die of COVID-19.
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should old and weak people be sacrificed so the economy can go on?
(03-26-2020, 09:26 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: Id rather they try this first to learn more about the virus while assessing economic impact, if it's too prolonged they may have to. Interestingly enough, I read through private revelation that the Anti Christ will rise to power through the worlds economic collapse... currently every Country is on non essentials lock down, if our economies don't bounce back, then the ground is ripe for a world economic collapse and the rise of the Anti Christ. So pray it passes quickly and our economies bounce back.

This is what I've really seen as a possibility. That things will crash and the world will be in shambles. Then an individual will enter the world stage who will miraculously set everything right. There is an identifiable spiritual void in the world right now that has lead to this blatant pagan resurgence, not to mention the constant push of superheroes to the cultural psyche, that is just waiting for a savior to emerge. And Antichrist fits the bill. It does not help that another void has been made by cutting off the faithful to the Sacraments.

I say be on guard for things to get really crazy really soon.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • josh987654321, Zedta
I didn't answer the questions. They were mostly made up of Hobson's Choice type questions.

Personally, I am in a high risk group and I am self quarantining. I will still go out to bring Holy Eucharist to a couple of our Parishoners who doing likewise, but other than that, I am staying home, in the country and away from people. Any food I need, beyond what I already heave, I'll have delivered and sanitized before I bring it on my property.

Bottom line: If the virus gets me, I'll do my best to deal with it here, but I'll not, of my own volition, go to hospital. There are too many others, younger than me and more likely to survive, who are in need of help. I don't need to overtax an already, nearing capacity, health system.

God's will be done!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 3 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian, josh987654321, Teresa Agrorum
(03-26-2020, 04:20 PM)Zedta Wrote: Bottom line: If the virus gets me, I'll do my best to deal with it here, but I'll not, of my own volition, go to hospital. There are too many others, younger than me and more likely to survive, who are in need of help. I don't need to overtax an already, nearing capacity, health system.

Do you have an Advanced Health Directive prepared?
(03-26-2020, 07:03 PM)Bombero Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 04:20 PM)Zedta Wrote: Bottom line: If the virus gets me, I'll do my best to deal with it here, but I'll not, of my own volition, go to hospital. There are too many others, younger than me and more likely to survive, who are in need of help. I don't need to overtax an already, nearing capacity, health system.

Are you serious?
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
A couple of articles discussing the topic of the thread.

From First Things

[b]Covid-19 & the New Death Calculus[/b] 

From Catholic News Service

Ethicists, lawyers see dangers in rationing of scarce health resources
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(03-26-2020, 09:02 PM)Zedta Wrote:

Are you serious?

Absolutely. I know paramedics and they will intubate you and drag you to the hospital no matter what you and your wife says. In normal situations, the ER and ICU doctors will still try to save your life. Although if the hospitals are overcrowded during this crisis, doctors will deny you care.

I find that a lot of people talk about not wanting to be a burden, medically-speaking but when asked if they have legal documents to that effect, few do. Some, like yourself, act incredulous.
(03-28-2020, 03:49 PM)Bombero Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 09:02 PM)Zedta Wrote:

Are you serious?

Absolutely. I know paramedics and they will intubate you and drag you to the hospital no matter what you and your wife says. In normal situations, the ER and ICU doctors will still try to save your life. Although if the hospitals are overcrowded during this crisis, doctors will deny you care.

I find that a lot of people talk about not wanting to be a burden, medically-speaking but when asked if they have legal documents to that effect, few do. Some, like yourself, act incredulous.
Since you are unaware of the work I retired from after over 40 years, I'll let this pass, since I suppose you were serious and trying to help. But I worked in those ER/ICUs so, ya I'm prepared.
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • jovan66102
Quote:God's will be done!

God's will be done! And may He assist us at every moment to do it.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Zedta
(03-28-2020, 08:59 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
Quote:God's will be done!

God's will be done! And may He assist us at every moment to do it.
Do I hear an AMEN?
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum