Has anyone read E. Michael Jones' books?
If so, what book and what did you think? I personally have only read his book on ballet. It was OK but I wasn't really into the subject matter. I have heard good things about his books on lust and Jews. I am interested in how trads think of his books because Amazon reviews are mostly Novus Order Catholics.
I think he's a well-needed Catholic voice on the Jewish question. His insights on the Logos are also very interesting. I've read his book on the Logos and Islam, and while it gives good insights as to why Islam has rejected the Logos and the repercussions thereof; he does take the modernist opinion of Muslims worshipping the same God as us.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Bombero
He's well worth reading but like anyone else you can't take everything he says as gospel. One thing about Dr. E.M.J. is you'll always get a thoughtful, interesting perspective on whatever topic you're reading about. 

He's one of those interesting intellectuals like Dr. Matthew Raphael Johnson who, because they do academic research without any institution behind them they can explore things in a way that's off the beaten path.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(03-25-2020, 08:00 PM)Bombero Wrote: If so, what book and what did you think? I personally have only read his book on ballet. It was OK but I wasn't really into the subject matter. I have heard good things about his books on lust and Jews. I am interested in how trads think of his books because Amazon reviews are mostly Novus Order Catholics.
Never have seen one of Dr. Jones' books out in the wild so I can't truthfully answer your question, but, his videos on the other hand seem confounded, yet, the latest, THE CORONAVIRUS AND THE CULTURE WAR - E. MICHAEL JONES, is way, way smooth all of a sudden.

Personally he strikes me as a mouthpiece.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!