Flat Earthers
Perhaps this has been beaten to a pulp, but the earth is round for sure right?

I'm beside myself that this is even a topic or even more important that Catholics feel you are being more Orthodox if you are one.
Yes, it is round. You can watch a sunset from one vantage point, and then move to another to see it still progressing below the horizon. Not only that, but the shadow of the earth on the moon during an eclipse shows that it's round.

Like I said in another thread, flat earth works as a meme to prove the problems with scientism, but it is not a serious reality.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Adventus, Ioannes_L, josh987654321, SeekerofChrist
Another thing to consider is gravity.  I remember the late Carl Sagan explaining why the Moon is (mostly) round: the force of gravity pulls inward (that's why it holds things down).  The same thing with the Earth. The Earth is a giant mass of material with gravity pulling things inward while the planet is also spinning.  The effect is a (mostly) round shape, a spheroid.  The only way the Earth wouldn't be a round object is if a universally agreed upon physical law like gravity, as well as the rotation of the Earth, were false.  That's absurd, of course, and so there's no doubt that the Earth is a round shape.
[-] The following 5 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Adventus, Augustinian, josh987654321, SeeTheLight, Zedta
"There is nothing more pleasing to God, than to see a soul who patiently and serenely bears whatever crosses it is sent; this is how love is made, by putting lover and loved one on the same level. . . A soul who loves Jesus Christ desires to be treated the way Christ was treated-desires to be poor, despised and humiliated."

St Alphonsus Ligouri
(03-26-2020, 12:59 PM)Adventus Wrote: Perhaps this has been beaten to a pulp, but the earth is round for sure right?

I'm beside myself that this is even a topic or even more important that Catholics feel you are being more Orthodox if you are one.

The fact you have to ask that shows how completely wacked most Trads are.
Yes there are many of us. We don't condemn you to hell for not accepting it.

(03-27-2020, 07:34 AM)flatearthtrads Wrote:

Pretty easy to fake that, especially with a false Earth Curve Calculator. Even logically you should see FAR more then just those Islands if the Earth were really flat. Notice too the map they used, which alone debunks them showing the Earth being round, we have likewise circumnavigated the Earth and there is no edge.

Only those living under a rock could believe in a flat Earth, we are in constant interaction with a round Earth on a daily basis with International flights (two opposite directions eventually arriving at the same destinations), Satellites etc etc.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • Augustinian, Zedta
(03-27-2020, 07:34 AM)flatearthtrads Wrote: Yes there are many of us. We don't condemn you to hell for not accepting it.

I'm honored you went to the trouble to sign up to the forum and use your one post on this topic.

I am however unimpressed. 
[-] The following 2 users Like Adventus's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
(03-26-2020, 12:59 PM)Adventus Wrote: Perhaps this has been beaten to a pulp, but the earth is round for sure right?

The fact that you ask is why this world is so messed up. If Trads think there's validity to question a fact that has been understood since ancient times before Christ, then they shouldn't be so upset when leftist progressives think there's validity to a redefining of marriage that has never existed in the history of the world.

Folks, it's called Reality. I know the personal computer and the Internet have done a lot to obfuscate it, but it does exist and you will have to grasp it at some point whether you like it or not.
[-] The following 3 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • 19405, jovan66102, Zedta
(03-27-2020, 07:47 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: Pretty easy to fake that, especially with a false Earth Curve Calculator. Even logically you should see FAR more then just those Islands if the Earth were really flat. Notice too the map they used, which alone debunks them showing the Earth being round, we have likewise circumnavigated the Earth and there is no edge.

Only those living under a rock could believe in a flat Earth, we are in constant interaction with a round Earth on a daily basis with International flights (two opposite directions eventually arriving at the same destinations), Satellites etc etc.

God Bless You
These folks always bore me to death. They are quite unscientific and cite videos of 'proof' which are only demonstrative of scientific examples of heat inversions over water, for one glaring example I've seen, like the one in the video above.

I guess some people must have a way of feeling better than everyone else and that they have some hidden secret or such, but in the case of the flat earth, well, they are just ignorant fools or just plain foolish about the obvious. I know of no pilots, who fly aircraft, that are avid flat earthers.

I wonder why?
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • jovan66102, SeeTheLight