Hospitals across US close doors to pastors despite ailing coronavirus patients in nee
According to a public statement released yesterday by Bishop David Walkowiak of the Diocese of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Spectrum Health and Metro Health Hospital have banned priests from entering their properties “under any circumstances.” 
Metro Hospital is affiliated with the University of Michigan healthcare system and Spectrum Health is not-for-profit health system based in Grand Rapids.
In his letter, Walkowiak writes, “Unfortunately, the Church is unable to provide Catholics with the sacraments in a number of our local hospitals. It is sad that these conditions exist in these times when Catholics need and desire to receive the sacraments and gain their consolation and strength.” https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/hospit...ts-in-need
Another word for this is PERSECUTION.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Augustinian, Eric F, josh987654321
Glad they posted this, people need to know.

If it's Metro vs seeing a priest, no thanks I'll take my Last Rites and be done with it. Hospitals are miserable places now to begin with, last thing anyone needs is to die in one without receiving the Sacraments.

What boobs!
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Eric F
Look at how easily they caved on the Sacraments, unfortunately the officials making these decisions are Protestants or non believers, so the sacraments don't mean anything to them as for a Protestant they can easily pray at home and watch a homily on youtube, so no big deal, no last rites either.

The Sacraments are essential, when there is a will there is a way, why have they all caved so quickly and easily and locked up all the Churches? That's criminal, find a way, if you can only have a maximum of 10 people, then do that every week and eventually you'll get everyone, ensuring the sacraments continue (in smaller numbers).

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • Eric F, Teresa Agrorum