Ukrainian Divine Liturgy - Propers and Common for coming Sunday ?
Strange as it might seem in my case, but if anyone attends a Ukrainian Greek Catholic Divine Liturgy, could you please let me know the Propers and Common for coming Sunday with English and Ukrainian text...?

I’m a first timer and plan to watch the live stream from Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Greek Catholic Church in Uzhhorod, Ukraine.

Also, it would be great if you could guide me about the basic postures to be followed during the Divine Liturgy...

Please pray that it would be a wonderful experience... I’m trying everything possible to resuscitate my Catholic Faith...

TIA...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
Bow instead of genuflect. Make the sign of the cross the opposite way. When you go up for Communion, which is by intinction, stoop a little, open your mouth wide and the priest will do the rest with the spoon. If they have kneelers, just kneel when the congregation does.
You know, I was going to write down the propers for this Sunday, fifth Sunday of Lent, but then I'm not certain if that is accurate. Do you know if this Ukrainian Greek Catholic church you are going to be witnessing via livestream is following the Julian calendar or the Gregorian calendar? If you can't determine that, it's fine. You're probably going to either hear the liturgy in Ukrainian or in Church Slavonic, or both. That is my guess based on the location that the livestream you are watching is taking place.

Honestly, just follow along. Most people who come into a parish without knowing the faith just do this too. Regardless of the rite. Just soak in the beauty. Don't worry about the other stuff.
(03-27-2020, 07:39 PM)Eric F Wrote: Bow instead of genuflect. Make the sign of the cross the opposite way. When you go up for Communion, which is by intinction, stoop a little, open your mouth wide and the priest will do the rest with the spoon. If they have kneelers, just kneel when the congregation does.

I don't think he needs most of this, since he's in India watching a live stream from Ukraine.  :D
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(03-27-2020, 08:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 07:39 PM)Eric F Wrote: Bow instead of genuflect. Make the sign of the cross the opposite way. When you go up for Communion, which is by intinction, stoop a little, open your mouth wide and the priest will do the rest with the spoon. If they have kneelers, just kneel when the congregation does.

I don't think he needs most of this, since he's in India watching a live stream from Ukraine.  :D

Just noticed that. Also Uzhorod is in Ruthenia, with is a different church I believe though. I know over here, Ukrainians say Ruthenians are Ukrainians, but Ruthenians say they're Ruthenians, if that makes sense.
(03-27-2020, 09:29 PM)Eric F Wrote: Just noticed that. Also Uzhorod is in Ruthenia, with is a different church I believe though. I know over here, Ukrainians say Ruthenians are Ukrainians, but Ruthenians say they're Ruthenians, if that makes sense.

I'm Serbian Rite. In the States I'm subject to the Ruthenian Eparch. When I lived in Canada, I was subject to the Ukrainian Eparch. Makes perfect sense to me! :LOL:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(03-27-2020, 10:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 09:29 PM)Eric F Wrote: Just noticed that. Also Uzhorod is in Ruthenia, with is a different church I believe though. I know over here, Ukrainians say Ruthenians are Ukrainians, but Ruthenians say they're Ruthenians, if that makes sense.

I'm Serbian Rite. In the States I'm subject to the Ruthenian Eparch. When I lived in Canada, I was subject to the Ukrainian Eparch. Makes perfect sense to me! :LOL:
Ukrainians--do unto others what thou accusest Russia of doing unto you.