Fr Cekada Had a Stroke
An FB post from yesterday:

Fr. Cekada had another stroke yesterday, and is in the hospital for tests. He received the Sacraments before he went in, and is his usual chipper self. Further information as we receive it but please do spare him a prayer - SGG Prayer Request Email
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, Teresa Agrorum
I pray he's well.  I always kind of liked his boyish witticisms and sharp intellect.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
When I began returning to the Church a few years back, I watched a few of his videos and eventually communicated with him via email and on the phone.  I didn't end up a sedevacantist but I found Fr. Cekada to be, in our personal communications, a kind and dedicated priest.  I'll certainly keep him in my prayers.
I have grown over time to be fond of Fr Cekada. I hope he recovers soon.
Have and will.  I'm not gonna lie, Fr Cekada's sanity against everyone accusing sedevacantist of all being uncharitable wackos made sedevacantism less odious to me.  While I no longer agree with him I can't say I dislike the man a single bit.  Hope and pray the best for bp Sanborn as well.  As a northeastener it's hard not be pulled in by his George Costanza-esque charm.