Stop Saying that We Aren't Saying the Mass!
We are not fasting from the eucharist and the sacraments, because this is not voluntary. We are in most cases forbidden to even be inside churches. If only most priests were as brave as the people who work at Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Mariano's, Whole Foods, etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(03-31-2020, 01:24 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I completely agree with the priest.  It seems that many so-called "trads" who are complaining are still stuck with the Vatican 2 mindset that the Mass needs the laity.  It does not!

I actually have been enjoying this.  I notice how even a NO Mass can be reverent when there are no damn people around doing their stupid ass hand gestures and demanding the most abysmal of sappy music.

The problem is that however reverendly the NO is said, the possibility of irreverence is ever-present. It’s like driving without insurance: maybe you reach your destination without mishap, maybe you don’t. But if you don’t, the consequences are incalculably bad.

Avoiding the NO is the best insurance policy you can have.
(04-03-2020, 03:59 AM)Maximian Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 01:24 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I completely agree with the priest.  It seems that many so-called "trads" who are complaining are still stuck with the Vatican 2 mindset that the Mass needs the laity.  It does not!

I actually have been enjoying this.  I notice how even a NO Mass can be reverent when there are no damn people around doing their stupid ass hand gestures and demanding the most abysmal of sappy music.

The problem is that however reverendly the NO is said, the possibility of irreverence is ever-present. It’s like driving without insurance: maybe you reach your destination without mishap, maybe you don’t. But if you don’t, the consequences are incalculably bad.

Avoiding the NO is the best insurance policy you can have.

Yes, but in "Realsville" it's not possible for a great many Catholic.  I could watch a trad mass, but I see my former NO priests on tv and I miss them a great deal.

I've been to TLM and NO.  TLM is obviously far superior, but that's not to say NO is some abomination akin to a black Mass.  NO is not great, but sadly it is the only option available to many and even now that has been removed thanks to the Coronavirus.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Ioannes_L, jovan66102