US bishop suspends last rites in response to coronavirus pandemic
SPRINGFIELD, March 31, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — The bishop of Springfield, Massachusetts, has temporarily suspended last rites in all instances in his diocese in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Bishop Mitchell Rozanski’s directive followed a United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) memo on March 27 reaffirming Church teaching that only priests could administer the sacrament, Catholic News Agency reported. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/us-bis...s-pandemic

I do not think that there are many among  bishops that will be saved, but many more that perish” – ST JOHN CHRYSOSTOM, EXTRACT FROM ST JOHN CHRYSOSTOM, HOMILY III ON ACTS 1:12

“The floor of Hell is paved with the skulls of bishops.” – ST. ATHANASIUS, COUNCIL OF NICAEA, AD 325.

Probably worth a lifetime ban at CAF.
SMDH!

It's one thing to suspend public Mass and Confessions, it's another to let people die without the Last Rites.
[-] The following 6 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian, boredoftheworld, Margaret-Mary, Melkite, newenglandsun, Sacred Heart lover
I don't know whether to declare this as evil or to point to the complete denial of Hell in the Conciliar Church.

God help this Bishop.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"In my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and found him not. I will rise, and will go about the city: in the streets and the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and I found him not.The watchmen who keep the city, found me: Have you seen him, whom my soul loveth? When I had a little passed by them, I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him: and I will not let him go, till I bring him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that bore me." - Cant. 3:1-4
Don't go to the hospital until you've been to the rectory. Personally I would insist he come out and do his job, assuming I could speak.
Here's a true father, may God bless him.
https://www.olmc.church/confession
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 4 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • MagdalenaRita, MagisterMusicae, Margaret-Mary, Sacred Heart lover
It's a cowardly dereliction of duty if it's really what it sounds like, not to mention a lack of faith.  I'm calling it like it is because although I'm not a cleric I'm still going to my hospital job every day even though I know I'm at risk.  I'm not even offering spiritual comfort or sacraments. 

This pandemic (if it's real)  certainly has showed us just how many of these so called shepherds really care for their parishoners. 

It's mindblowing but not surprising.  So many modern clerics are faithless cowards.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 5 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • MagisterMusicae, Margaret-Mary, Melkite, Sacred Heart lover, Te Deum
People know my sympathies here, but really this is not an effort to beat up on the FSSP, but perhaps give people who have issues with the SSPX because there "are traditional options approved by the local bishop, hence no need for the SSPX."

I have a friend who is an SSPX priest in New Zealand. He recently told me that the Bishops' Conference has forbidden all priests from hearing confessions. 

They issued a Pastoral Letter saying that the Plenary Indulgence for COVID-19 sufferers means one does not need to go to confession. He said he was getting calls from people who were being refused confessions by other priests, including the FSSP priest who in "obedience" to the bishop said that he could not hear any confessions.

This SSPX priest is, de facto, the only priest in the diocese who is hearing confessions, and the only one who is both following Pope Francis' expressed wish to "be creative" in ministering to the faithful, and still has jurisdiction for confessions, since it comes from Francis himself.

What irony!

Again, this is not to beat up on the FSSP (I am sure many priests would violate such an order, but there are others who, scared of repercussions if they balk, give in). It is rather to show that the real problem is far greater than just finding an approved traditional Mass or even conservative Novus Ordo liturgy, with decent sermons. And in such time when the bishops and even "traditional" priests cut off the faithful, it really does point out why groups like the SSPX who can operate freely without the local bishop shutting them down are needed.

Clearly, it's about more than just the Mass.
(03-31-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: People know my sympathies here, but really this is not an effort to beat up on the FSSP, but perhaps give people who have issues with the SSPX because there "are traditional options approved by the local bishop, hence no need for the SSPX."

I have a friend who is an SSPX priest in New Zealand. He recently told me that the Bishops' Conference has forbidden all priests from hearing confessions. 

They issued a Pastoral Letter saying that the Plenary Indulgence for COVID-19 sufferers means one does not need to go to confession. He said he was getting calls from people who were being refused confessions by other priests, including the FSSP priest who in "obedience" to the bishop said that he could not hear any confessions.

This SSPX priest is, de facto, the only priest in the diocese who is hearing confessions, and the only one who is both following Pope Francis' expressed wish to "be creative" in ministering to the faithful, and still has jurisdiction for confessions, since it comes from Francis himself.

What irony!

Again, this is not to beat up on the FSSP (I am sure many priests would violate such an order, but there are others who, scared of repercussions if they balk, give in). It is rather to show that the real problem is far greater than just finding an approved traditional Mass or even conservative Novus Ordo liturgy, with decent sermons. And in such time when the bishops and even "traditional" priests cut off the faithful, it really does point out why groups like the SSPX who can operate freely without the local bishop shutting them down are needed.

Clearly, it's about more than just the Mass.

This is why I've been grateful for representation of Traditional Catholicism on both sides of the fence.

I saw something about a SSPX priest who was arrested for saying Mass or a Bishop turning on him???  Can't find it now and can't remember the details.  

Can someone direct me to that or relay the story for me please?

Also, the Bishop Strickland case where he is standing alone for the defense of the care for the elderly in Texas makes it so clear just how nearly complete the infiltration is.
This is the statement from the Bishop:

https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/bishop/...-virginia/
[-] The following 1 user Likes ritaguadalupe93's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
Just adding in response to MM that I'm also glad that Fellay didn't make the deal with Rome, again so our bases are covered on both sides.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Augustinian, Teresa Agrorum
(03-31-2020, 10:02 PM)ritaguadalupe93 Wrote: This is the statement from the Bishop:

https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/bishop/...-virginia/
Quote:We have been notified that the Society of Saint Pius X, which is a schismatic sect and not in full communion with the Holy See, is holding Masses in Front Royal, VA.

How many times do we need to go over this... :facepalm:
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"In my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and found him not. I will rise, and will go about the city: in the streets and the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and I found him not.The watchmen who keep the city, found me: Have you seen him, whom my soul loveth? When I had a little passed by them, I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him: and I will not let him go, till I bring him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that bore me." - Cant. 3:1-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Teresa Agrorum