For My Beagle Please
My Beagle, Noodles, had to go to the hospital because of bleeding and she couldn't even walk.

Prayers please!

St. Roch, pray for us!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Zedta
(04-01-2020, 11:30 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: My Beagle, Noodles, had to go to the hospital because of bleeding and she couldn't even walk.

Prayers please!

St. Roch, pray for us!
Prayers.  Beagles and Basset Hounds are my favorites.  I've had many over the years.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Zedta
Prayers for Noodles [great name] and for you, Sacred Heart lover.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • dahveed, Sacred Heart lover, Zedta
He's a beagle, so he's worthy dozens of prayers.
I must admit, I have a soft spot for these little trouble makers.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 3 users Like Ioannes_L's post:
  • formerbuddhist, Sacred Heart lover, Zedta
Thank you, everyone!

She's home now.  They gave her anti-inflammatories but even when wrapped in cheese or peanut butter she's not taking them.    

That means you know she's not feeling well!  :/
[-] The following 3 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • formerbuddhist, Ioannes_L, Zedta
How's she doing now?
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Zedta
(04-02-2020, 12:45 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: How's she doing now?

She's a bit lethargic but she's doing quite a bit better.  She took her pills today and even ate some food.

It's so hard when pets are sick since they can't tell you what's wrong and there's always the dreaded fear of a big bill, but most of all because it's so sad to see the innocent little things suffer. :(

Thanks for asking and thanks for all the prayers, everyone!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Zedta
I understand your pain, I remember the last days of my wiener dog and her end... she was my third dog but the first one I experienced the whole process. And as a vet student, I can understand your/our frustration about their incapacity of telling us what they're feeling.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • Zedta
Poor Noodles! Sorry I got into this late, but I hope your dear Beagle is feeling better.

Who can't love a Beagle...Snoopy is a Beagle!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • formerbuddhist
(04-02-2020, 06:59 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 12:45 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: How's she doing now?

She's a bit lethargic but she's doing quite a bit better.  She took her pills today and even ate some food.

It's so hard when pets are sick since they can't tell you what's wrong and there's always the dreaded fear of a big bill, but most of all because it's so sad to see the innocent little things suffer. :(

Thanks for asking and thanks for all the prayers, everyone!
My old hound Barney progressively lost his ability to walk on his back legs over a period of months.  Doing the whole palliative care thing and watching him fall on his walks broke my heart, and after losing him close to 1.5-2 years ago I still think of him every day.  

It sounds crazy but I would (and still do)  bless the animals in my life with the sign of the cross while saying "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on x" and I usually ask a certain saint who loved animals such as Paul of Obnora(lived with animals in the forest) , Nectarius of Optina (loved cats) or Gerasimus (had a lion) to watch over them in my absence.  St. Roch with his faithful dog is as good as any.  

Well, hopefully she gets her groove back.  A lethargic beagle is always something out of the ordinary.

[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover