Job failure...
I broke down at Walmart on Wednesday...big time. Threw stuff, cut my arms, almost hit my FEC before just hugging her instead. After that, I realized I couldn't work there any more. I put in my resignation yesterday, made it effective immediately. My FEC was sad about my decision. But she wants what's best for me. Clearly, that job was not good for me. It was creating unnecessary stress and not good for my depression. It's one of those where maybe she should have let go sooner but I don't fault her. I think she truly loved me honestly.

Any way, I applied for a new job at Target for an overnight stocking position similar to what I did at Michaels but probably not as craft specific. I got notification for an interview invite and scheduled it for this coming Monday, April 6. Pray everything goes well, that this is what is best for me and the FEC gets what she wants and that we can still remain as friends (which honestly would be better than employer-employee relationship come to think).
[-] The following 4 users Like newenglandsun's post:
  • Augustinian, Orthodox Andy, ServusDei, Teresa Agrorum
(04-03-2020, 03:29 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: I broke down at Walmart on Wednesday...big time. Threw stuff, cut my arms, almost hit my FEC before just hugging her instead. After that, I realized I couldn't work there any more. I put in my resignation yesterday, made it effective immediately. My FEC was sad about my decision. But she wants what's best for me. Clearly, that job was not good for me. It was creating unnecessary stress and not good for my depression. It's one of those where maybe she should have let go sooner but I don't fault her. I think she truly loved me honestly.

Any way, I applied for a new job at Target for an overnight stocking position similar to what I did at Michaels but probably not as craft specific. I got notification for an interview invite and scheduled it for this coming Monday, April 6. Pray everything goes well, that this is what is best for me and the FEC gets what she wants and that we can still remain as friends (which honestly would be better than employer-employee relationship come to think).

I'm about to say my rosary and will pray for you NES.

I'm sorry that happened. :/

Everyone is under so much stress these days with everything going on.

I hope you have someone you can talk to who can help you work through some of your underlying stresses.

Hopefully, this will work out for your good and you'll find a job you like even better.

God bless you! <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(04-03-2020, 03:29 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: I broke down at Walmart on Wednesday...big time. Threw stuff, cut my arms, almost hit my FEC before just hugging her instead. After that, I realized I couldn't work there any more. I put in my resignation yesterday, made it effective immediately. My FEC was sad about my decision. But she wants what's best for me. Clearly, that job was not good for me. It was creating unnecessary stress and not good for my depression. It's one of those where maybe she should have let go sooner but I don't fault her. I think she truly loved me honestly.

I pray it works out. I'm sorry you have to go through such a horrifying ordeal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orthodox Andy's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Might be a blessing in disguise, especially with this virus situation going on.  Hopefully you'll find something that fits your situation.  I have never had something like that happen to me but I have turned down jobs before because I knew that they would not be right for my temperament (anything too social or managerial). 

Like was said earlier, everyone is a bit edgy lately including me. It must be the collective uncertainty working its way through us all.  At times I really do think there's truth to us living in some sort of vibrational energy.  It's why we can meet someone and instantly like or dislike them, or why even certain places or situations creep us out or delight us.  Some of us are more in tune to that intense interplay of energies.  

Prayers for you to get through this unscathed.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 3 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • newenglandsun, ServusDei, Teresa Agrorum
I'll pray too. Don't feel bad about it, a couple people I know are short on nerves too. The media is definitely not helping, so I recommend avoiding it a little if you want to cool down.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
[-] The following 2 users Like ServusDei's post:
  • formerbuddhist, Teresa Agrorum
(04-03-2020, 05:42 PM)ServusDei Wrote: I'll pray too. Don't feel bad about it, a couple people I know are short on nerves too. The media is definitely not helping, so I recommend avoiding it a little if you want to cool down.
True.  I've had to dial down my reading of the news lately, and I even took up sitting meditation in the AM again.  Nothing special for 20 mins or so but it helps me get some peace. The media can't bother you if you tune it out.  

Another thing I do is walk to and from work every day and try not to listen to music or talks on my commute.  Just feeling alive in the fresh air and sunshine, listening to the birds singing and the wind in the trees, and catching the scent of spring flowers can refresh you.  There's a spacious feeling in just being outdoors and able to move freely, especially in these bizarre "quarantine" times.  Get out in the beauty of creation and be refreshed in body, mind and soul.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 4 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Fionnchu, Florus, ServusDei, Teresa Agrorum
(04-03-2020, 06:17 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 05:42 PM)ServusDei Wrote: I'll pray too. Don't feel bad about it, a couple people I know are short on nerves too. The media is definitely not helping, so I recommend avoiding it a little if you want to cool down.
True.  I've had to dial down my reading of the news lately, and I even took up sitting meditation in the AM again.  Nothing special for 20 mins or so but it helps me get some peace. The media can't bother you if you tune it out.  

Another thing I do is walk to and from work every day and try not to listen to music or talks on my commute.  Just feeling alive in the fresh air and sunshine, listening to the birds singing and the wind in the trees, and catching the scent of spring flowers can refresh you.  There's a spacious feeling in just being outdoors and able to move freely, especially in these bizarre "quarantine" times.  Get out in the beauty of creation and be refreshed in body, mind and soul.
Do you think my old boss and I can still be friends?
[-] The following 2 users Like newenglandsun's post:
  • ServusDei, Teresa Agrorum
(04-03-2020, 07:17 PM)newenglandsun Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 06:17 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:

Do you think my old boss and I can still be friends?

Of course! Everyone flares up once in a while, but regardless friendship remains.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
[-] The following 2 users Like ServusDei's post:
  • newenglandsun, Teresa Agrorum
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully Target doesn't ask for a reference. btw, what is an FEC?
(04-05-2020, 05:54 AM)Bombero Wrote: Sorry to hear that. Hopefully Target doesn't ask for a reference. btw, what is an FEC?
FEC is Walmart's equivalent for front end manager.

I've never had a company ask for a reference from a former employer before.