For the soul of my stepfather
I found out on the 1st of April, no joke, that my mother's husband died after a long decline from Parkinson's disease. He was in his early '90s, so while it was not a surprise, it's never easy to hear, especially from 400 miles south. This is compounded by California's "shelter in place." He and my mother live in an assisted-care facility and her San Francisco is one of the hard-hit virus locations with very tough lockdown rules. So I should not visit my mother, as I present a higher risk due to the elderly at her residence, and this will I presume not enable a traditional funeral, of course. Pax vobiscum.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
My condolences. I'll add the repose of his soul and the consolation of the family to my Rosary intentions.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • Fionnchu
May God rest his soul.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Fionnchu
The peace of Christ Jesus be unto you and your Mom and may the soul of your dear Father In Law find eternal rest and happiness with our Lord in Heaven!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Fionnchu
(04-03-2020, 10:50 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: The peace of Christ Jesus be unto you and your Mom and may the soul of your dear Father In Law find eternal rest and happiness with our Lord in Heaven!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
The Memorare is my mother's favorite prayer....
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fionnchu's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
The repose of your stepfather's soul will be included in the novenas I'm currently praying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • Fionnchu