Prayers, please, for an atheistic friend
He's struggling hard to make sense of what is happening, of course. By turns angry and hopeful. Today he wrote that when at last this virus abates, he'll be joining the nearest abortion rally. (Most unlike him.)

Later, remorseful, he declared his desire to bring many children into the world, provided he can find a woman who'll have him. For years he helped me in my work and asked only friendship in return. Really, the fellow is a dear, a beautiful human being, and you would all love him. Like many atheists, he vacillates between this position and agnosticism, having been raised by at least one parent that refused--refused--to teach him about God.

Please pray for him and for all like him.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Orthodox Andy
(04-04-2020, 01:03 AM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: He's struggling hard to make sense of what is happening, of course. By turns angry and hopeful. Today he wrote that when at last this virus abates, he'll be joining the nearest abortion rally. (Most unlike him.)

Later, remorseful, he declared his desire to bring many children into the world, provided he can find a woman who'll have him. For years he helped me in my work and asked only friendship in return. Really, the fellow is a dear, a beautiful human being, and you would all love him. Like many atheists, he vacillates between this position and agnosticism, having been raised by at least one parent that refused--refused--to teach him about God.

Please pray for him and for all like him.

Oh Lord, please envelope TA's friend in your love and the peace that passes all understanding.

Reveal yourself to him in a way he cannot deny.

Please intervene in his life on behalf of TA who is a faithful servant.

And we also ask for your mercy on all those who are struggling with despair and doubt about your awesome gift of life during these troublesome times.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 3 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • HailGilbert, Orthodox Andy, Teresa Agrorum
Lord have mercy, and grant him the grace to see the light and find faith someday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orthodox Andy's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
May God bless you both! Thank you so much!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Orthodox Andy
(04-04-2020, 01:28 AM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: May God bless you both! Thank you so much!

Where would we all be if we did not have the good fortune to have others praying for us?
[-] The following 3 users Like Orthodox Andy's post:
  • HailGilbert, Sacred Heart lover, Teresa Agrorum
I'm adding him to my intentions from now on.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 2 users Like dahveed's post:
  • HailGilbert, Teresa Agrorum
3 Aves for his speedy conversion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Thank you for your prayers! He experienced great relief in a hurry, he said. That is God, I replied.

It is my fervent belief that all mature, devout Christians should cultivate a genuine friendship with at least one agnostic or atheist--sometimes just one is all you can handle (smile). These people have often suffered profoundly and are sensitive to spiritual matters and the immaterial, despite their unbelief.

They are not so much allergic to the Church (i.e., the Protestants) as confused by It; what they believe (yes, they do have a 'faith') does not match what they see. You may speak to them very frankly and really help, and they are grateful to a surprising degree.
[-] The following 3 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • HailGilbert, Orthodox Andy, Sacred Heart lover