Shortest unemployment period ever.
They're sending me the job offer today by business close. Target is.

I got out of my car and this cart pusher sees me and says to me, "Holy crap!" I see him and the name badge he has. I am perplexed.

"I knew you by a different name."

"If you're going to work here, you call me this name. Also, I'm not your manager any more."

No joke, it's my old replenishment manager from Michaels. We were practically brothers so seeing him there was such a wonderful thing. I literally cried when he left Michaels. No one else have I ever cried at their absence. Except maybe when I was a kid and my grandparents would visit from out of state.

This...is...BIG!
[-] The following 2 users Like newenglandsun's post:
  • ServusDei, Teresa Agrorum
Good for you! I'm glad for you. :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Birdie's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(04-06-2020, 10:03 AM)Birdie Wrote: Good for you! I'm glad for you. :)
Thanks. I hope you are getting some social activity too. Even if it might end up being work, anything's good right now and if you aren't afraid of COVID-19 or quarantining if infected, it's a blessing to be able to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
I live with my aunt, and she's terrified of the virus, so we're self quarantining. There's also (finally) a stay-at-home order for our state. I socialize via text, email, and on here, and that's plenty, since I'm an introvert by nature. It does feel weird though, like the whole world has just...stopped.
(04-06-2020, 01:17 PM)Birdie Wrote: I live with my aunt, and she's terrified of the virus, so we're self quarantining. There's also (finally) a stay-at-home order for our state. I socialize via text, email, and on here, and that's plenty, since I'm an introvert by nature. It does feel weird though, like the whole world has just...stopped.
Yeah. That can be difficult. I'm an introvert too so I'm glad I left my Walmart job but even though I live with my parents, and grandmother, and they are in fear of the virus, I need a way to get out of the house that's productive. For like longer than an hour.