Old Rite Orthodox Liturgy Livestream schedule
Old Rite Schedule

It's not RC but worth it if you're interested in the very unique Old Believer style liturgy in English that the Church of the Nativity in Erie, PA has to offer. Today around 330 EST starts the Vigil for Annunciation and there are livestreams through Old calendar Pascha.

It's NOT the high church opera style of the New Rite ROC so it's interesting.  Very few places offer this anywhere in the USA .
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian, Teresa Agrorum
While I'm not opposed to a Catholic who is interested in studying an Orthodox liturgy and has a reasonable purpose in doing so (like, after studying their own Liturgy, to compare these), the Catholic Church considers attendance at an Orthodox service without a serious reason (like for a family wedding or funeral), to be a grave sin against the Faith.

Not only this, but historically attending such a service without serious reason would make one suspect of schism and would be a serious scandal to others.

So, I'm sorry, but I must object in the strongest terms and tell Catholics that they ought not watch any live streamed Orthodox Liturgies, especially not if they intend to do this as an act of prayer, or as a substitute for their own Liturgy.

If it's a grave sin to go without serious reason, then I can't see it being less so by watching it as some religious or devotional act. And given the dangers of perverting our Faith, I can't see watching something like this live (which make its more likely we will do so as if it were not a documentary but devotion), as justifiable or without sin.

This is, let us be plain, Orthodox proselytism which has only one purpose : to draw souls away from the True Church which they left a millennium ago.

I don't questions formerbuddhist's motives here, so am not saying he's trying to do this, but the effect is that it is proselytism.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Augustinian
(04-07-2020, 02:45 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: While I'm not opposed to a Catholic who is interested in studying an Orthodox liturgy and has a reasonable purpose in doing so (like, after studying their own Liturgy, to compare these), the Catholic Church considers attendance at an Orthodox service without a serious reason (like for a family wedding or funeral), to be a grave sin against the Faith.

Not only this, but historically attending such a service without serious reason would make one suspect of schism and would be a serious scandal to others.

So, I'm sorry, but I must object in the strongest terms and tell Catholics that they ought not watch any live streamed Orthodox Liturgies, especially not if they intend to do this as an act of prayer, or as a substitute for their own Liturgy.

If it's a grave sin to go without serious reason, then I can't see it being less so by watching it as some religious or devotional act. And given the dangers of perverting our Faith, I can't see watching something like this live (which make its more likely we will do so as if it were not a documentary but devotion), as justifiable or without sin.

This is, let us be plain, Orthodox proselytism which has only one purpose : to draw souls away from the True Church which they left a millennium ago.

I don't questions formerbuddhist's motives here, so am not saying he's trying to do this, but the effect is that it is proselytism.
I actually had no intention of it as a form of proselytism. I just thought maybe someone might be interested in seeing how the DL is done in English according to the pre Nikonian Rite. I ask forgiveness if I have inadvertently harmed anyone with this.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian