Cardinal Pell Acquitted
(04-07-2020, 03:38 PM)Porkncheese Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:50 PM)MyLady Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 06:25 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: I just heard however that the person who made this allegation is already talking about filing a civil lawsuit

Its all about the money.

It usually is but I think there is more to it then that. I think it's a deliberate attempt by our secular society to try and smear the Catholic Church

Not too hard to do these days, sadly.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
If anyone is interested in reading the 35 page High Court opinion, I have a PDF I can post a link to. It's important to remember that the high court did not 'release him on technicalities'! It quashed the verdict because no rational jury could have found him guilty. He was railroaded by a kangaroo court on the unsupported testimony of one man, whilst the prosecutors, the jury, and the lower courts just ignored masses of testimony that proved he could not possibly be guilty. It was worthy of Stalin's show trials, or Hitlers 'Peoples Courts'. The verdict was predetermined before the trial started, motivated by anti-Catholic hatred.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, SeekerofChrist
(04-07-2020, 11:16 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: If anyone is interested in reading the 35 page High Court opinion, I have a PDF I can post a link to. 

This lawyer-in-training would love to read it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • HailGilbert
(04-08-2020, 12:01 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 11:16 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: If anyone is interested in reading the 35 page High Court opinion, I have a PDF I can post a link to. 

Well, to be technical it's not a PDF, but a Google Doc. I couldn't figure out how to send a PDF in FB Messenger, so I copied the whole thing into a doc, but here it is:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GJB4...sp=sharing

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
(04-08-2020, 12:20 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 12:01 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:

Well, to be technical it's not a PDF, but a Google Doc. I couldn't figure out how to send a PDF in FB Messenger, so I copied the whole thing into a doc, but here it is:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GJB4...sp=sharing

Thank you, it is much appreciated!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • jovan66102
This whole affair was a travesty. Anyone who attends mass knows that its not possible for such things to happen immediately after mass. I am glad the Cardinal was cleared. Finally!
(04-08-2020, 02:36 AM)winoblue2 Wrote: This whole affair was a travesty. Anyone who attends mass knows that its not possible for such things to happen immediately after mass. I am glad the Cardinal was cleared. Finally!

It doesn't seem to matter to the anti-Catholic haters:

Not content that an innocent man spent 400 days in jail, they continue their persecution!

From The Australian

By Remy Varga

[Image: 6.jpg]

The words “rapist” and “no justice” have been graffitied on St Patrick’s Cathedral in Melbourne with inverted crosses attached to the church’s gate after Cardinal George Pell was acquitted for child sex abuse. 

In similar scenes, a children’s tricycle, ribbons and a paper bag bearing a biblical quote have been left on the gate of the east Melbourne monastery where Cardinal Pell spent his first night of freedom after 405 days in prison. 

Cardinal Pell, who consistently maintained his innocence throughout the legal ordeal, was taken to the Carmelite Monastery in Kew on Tuesday afternoon after being released from HM Prison Barwon. 

He left the monastery on Wednesday morning, exiting via a side gate on Murphy Street. 

Overnight, those angered by the High Court’s decision tied ribbons to the monastery’s gate to symbolise solidarity with abuse survivors. 

A man, who did not wish to be named, tied a dark blue ribbon to the gate at around 9.30am. 

He said he respectful of the High Court’s decision and had come to the monastery on Wednesday to show support for child sex abuse survivors. 

“For me it’s just a stance of solidarity, to represent those people who’ve been a bit voiceless,” he said. “And who need to feel a sense that people are with them at a time when they’re probably experiencing great powerlessness.” 

Jane, who did not want her surname published, tied a bright pink ribbon to the gate. 

She said she was a local and loved the work of the nuns of Carmelite Monastery. 

“That is the best side of religion and Cardinal Pell is the worst side, whether as a perpetrator or as someone who turned a blind eye,” she said. “Every person is responsible for keeping children safe and we don’t believe he did that.” 

A children’s tricycle was also left outside the Carmelite Monastery overnight. It has been removed. 

A white paper bag attached to the gate said: “Luke 23.34: Father forgive them. For they do not know what they are doing.” 

Victoria Police Officers have arrived at the monastery to ensure that any protesters who do turn up adhere to social distancing. 

At St Patrick’s Cathedral, police officers are investigating the graffiti.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-08-2020, 03:05 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: A man, who did not wish to be named, tied a dark blue ribbon to the gate at around 9.30am. 

He said he respectful of the High Court’s decision and had come to the monastery on Wednesday to show support for child sex abuse survivors. 

“For me it’s just a stance of solidarity, to represent those people who’ve been a bit voiceless,” he said. “And who need to feel a sense that people are with them at a time when they’re probably experiencing great powerlessness.” 

Jane, who did not want her surname published, tied a bright pink ribbon to the gate. 

She said she was a local and loved the work of the nuns of Carmelite Monastery. 

“That is the best side of religion and Cardinal Pell is the worst side, whether as a perpetrator or as someone who turned a blind eye,” she said. “Every person is responsible for keeping children safe and we don’t believe he did that.” 

It's always entertaining that people are willing to come out and speak to the press, and do public actions, but for some reason do not want to be identified, and yet the press is happy to identify the places where people they want to be hounded and pilloried are living or otherwise dox them.

If one is willing to come out in public and take a public stand, then he should be willing to be able to be critiqued for it, by knowing who is doing what.

I wonder if the press asked the Monastery if they wanted their name published?

Also, sadly, in Victoria, the police and State were the ones who wanted to destroy Pell and the Church. That they would allow vandalism (which tying ribbons to a fence that is not your own, or posting placards on it is), and protests (public gatherings), but not Masses, so long as social distancing is enforced should show the true colors here.

The media should be reporting the news. That a person who is a public figure and liable to protests is living in a particular place is not news. It is a rallying call for more people to siege the place.
[-] The following 4 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Fionnchu, jovan66102, MiserereMeiDeus, SeekerofChrist
THEY VANDALIZED OUR CATHEDRAL

[Image: 5YV3Q83y9gmdAS4p8GK6.jpg]  [Image: 72f90806e38ea19feafb5b7e48b3017c?width=1024]

Im so furious about this I just found out about it and need time to calm down
MagisterMusicae Wrote:Also, sadly, in Victoria, the police and State were the ones who wanted to destroy Pell and the Church. That they would allow vandalism (which tying ribbons to a fence that is not your own, or posting placards on it is), and protests (public gatherings), but not Masses, so long as social distancing is enforced should show the true colors here.

Since his release iv experience great joy, great anger and now great sorrow. It's been exhausting just following this case

But your spot on about our cops and government here. Victoria police is already under a federal investigation for corruption
For the case of the Cardinal they advertised for anyone who had been sexually abused by the Cardinal to come forward. I can't believe it is legal to do that

But all they had was one persons story, nothing more. It never should of even gone to court but it did with the media all over him. 60 minutes did a piece on him painting him as a pedophile
I supported Father Pell because the prosecution had no case against him. I have a basic understanding of the legal system and I knew he was innocent

No one in the mainstream media gave the truth. There were a few journalists from news papers and fox news that spoke out against the trial but they either got berated or ignored

First trial was a hung jury. Second trial a jury incorrectly found him guilty. Then at the court of appeal the Cardinal was lucky. 1 of the 3 judges voted for the appeal to go ahead
And now in the nations highest court seven judges unanimously voted to have his conviction overturned. Mind you our high court has never overturned a decision, its unprecedented
They heavily criticized Victoria's handling of this matter, in particular the courts. Our prime minister made a statement saying the high courts decision must be respected.

Our state premier however, pftt the nerve, he released his statement on twitter saying that he didn't want to comment on it but to the victims "i hear you, i see you, i believe you" he said
Our state premier basically rejected the high courts decision in favour of supporting the false accuser. The feds need to investigate our state cops and courts on this as well.

405 days in our highest security prison, mostly spent in solitary confinement. Words cannot even begin to describe life in there
I spent just a few weeks in a low security prison and it was by far the most traumatic experience i my life. It will stay with me forever
It hurts to be reminded of prison, to think about the men in there but thinking about the Cardinal in there, an innocent holy man, its terrible

But it's not even finished for the Cardinal. There will now be at least one civil lawsuit filed against him, most probably multiple lawsuits.