Cardinal Pell Acquitted
Just a few minutes ago Australia's High Court announced that it had vacated the conviction of Cardinal George Pell and entered a definitive verdict of acquittal.

The High Court said that the jury should have entertained doubts about the accuser, and that the Victorian High Court failed to consider this as well, thus, they did not meet the needed burden of proof to convict.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...-live-news
Good news. And yet the reputation of Cardinal Pell remains destroyed because of the media frenzy over this.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Given that they had nothing against him in the first place, it's wonderful news.

Given the hatred of Cardinal Pell and the Church, it's a miracle.

I pray he now returns to Rome to complete unfinished business. There's a bit of sweeping-up to do.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert
LifeSiteNews story on the quashing of the verdict:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cdl-pell-acquitted-of-sex-abuse-charge-by-australian-high-court-will-be-freed
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
(04-06-2020, 08:26 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Just a few minutes ago Australia's High Court announced that it had vacated the conviction of Cardinal George Pell and entered a definitive verdict of acquittal.

The High Court said that the jury should have entertained doubts about the accuser, and that the Victorian High Court failed to consider this as well, thus, they did not meet the needed burden of proof to convict.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...-live-news
Thanks be to God and Our Lady of Fatima! This is very good news indeed!
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
I woke up here in Australia and turned on the TV... I was overwhelmed with joy to see this heading the news. Live images from my local prison

I took a particular interest in this case cos the Cardinal was the bishop of my town before becoming bishop of my nation

I have a basic understanding of our legal system and saw holes in the prosecutions case from the beginning
Without getting into details he maintained his innocence from the start, the prosecution had no evidence, just one mans testimony
I had serious doubts weather our justice system was going to do what it had to do. I feared corruption and the insidious anti-Christian movement

I have not followed any other cases so now im thinking, how many priest are in jail because of false accusations
How many priests were found guilty in such an unjust manner as our Cardinal was almost

You know cos it's highly suspicious when an allegation is made about something that was supposed to have happened 20 years ago
Innocence until proven guilty is almost abolished but the justice system here still has merit in my eyes now, only just.
Absolutely beautiful news. Praise be to God for this.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
I just heard however that the person who made this allegation is already talking about filing a civil lawsuit
(04-07-2020, 06:25 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: I just heard however that the person who made this allegation is already talking about filing a civil lawsuit

Its all about the money.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
(04-07-2020, 02:50 PM)MyLady Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 06:25 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: I just heard however that the person who made this allegation is already talking about filing a civil lawsuit

Its all about the money.

It usually is but I think there is more to it then that. I think it's a deliberate attempt by our secular society to try and smear the Catholic Church
[-] The following 1 user Likes Porkncheese's post:
  • Catherine