Cardinal Pell Acquitted
(04-09-2020, 01:45 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: But it's not even finished for the Cardinal. There will now be at least one civil lawsuit filed against him, most probably multiple lawsuits.

Matthew 5: 11 Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:

12 Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is very great in heaven. For so they persecuted the prophets that were before you.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert, SeeTheLight
(04-09-2020, 01:45 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: First trial was a hung jury. Second trial a jury incorrectly found him guilty. Then at the court of appeal the Cardinal was lucky. 1 of the 3 judges voted for the appeal to go ahead
And now in the nations highest court seven judges unanimously voted to have his conviction overturned. Mind you our high court has never overturned a decision, its unprecedented

Knowing only little about Aussie political history, I'm no expert here, but from what I've read Australia's High Court is pretty apolitical, and generally seen as even-handed since those nominated are generally picked by top lawyers even though it is effectively the Attorney General and PM who choose the candidate. Even if it were a political thing, though, the court is made up of 3 members chosen from the more left-wing party (Labour) and 4 members from the more right-center party (Liberal). So it's a pretty even split.

For a seven-member generally apolitical group to unanimously reject a jury verdict and an appeals court finding, saying that both failed to act reasonably, even if they the appeals court or jury found the accuser credible, is pretty damning.

Not a single person on the High Court thought that the appeals court or jury got it right.

Hard to argue that this was some legal technicality, when all seven say that there was a real likelihood that an innocent man was convicted.
[-] The following 6 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, josh987654321, jovan66102, SeekerofChrist, SeeTheLight
(04-09-2020, 03:45 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Knowing only little about Aussie political history, I'm no expert here, but from what I've read Australia's High Court is pretty apolitical, and generally seen as even-handed since those nominated are generally picked by top lawyers even though it is effectively the Attorney General and PM who choose the candidate. Even if it were a political thing, though, the court is made up of 3 members chosen from the more left-wing party (Labour) and 4 members from the more right-center party (Liberal). So it's a pretty even split.

For a seven-member generally apolitical group to unanimously reject a jury verdict and an appeals court finding, saying that both failed to act reasonably, even if they the appeals court or jury found the accuser credible, is pretty damning.

Not a single person on the High Court thought that the appeals court or jury got it right.

Hard to argue that this was some legal technicality, when all seven say that there was a real likelihood that an innocent man was convicted.

True true. The High Court has proven to be apolitical and even handed in this case

jovan66102 Wrote:Matthew 5: 11 Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
12 Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is very great in heaven. For so they persecuted the prophets that were before you.

Ye nice one. The scripture that I was reminded of was John 15:18

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first
[-] The following 2 users Like Porkncheese's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102
Victoria police again with the witch hunt

I wish they would put as much resources into our street crime

[Image: EVj--AgUYAEs19i.jpg]
It was never about His Eminence. It's about the pervasive hatred of the Faith in many parts of today's society.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, Porkncheese
(04-14-2020, 05:32 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: Victoria police again with the witch hunt

I wish they would put as much resources into our street crime

Same thing media like CNN does, and 'Russian election interference' when it is in fact monopolies like Facebook that interfere in elections all around the world... the more 'Cardinal Pell' is in the news and before the courts, the less 'Lawyer X' is. ;)

That's why it's so Ironic, my member of parliament told his constituents to contact him on Facebook and then Facebook deleted or Facebook allowed him to delete my comment (How is that not election interference?) and then in Ireland they banned pro-life content leading up to their referendum on abortion... then they have the hide to cry Russian election interference but can site no examples at all... because when one is watching the right hand so closely they can't see the left hand robbing them blind.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • HailGilbert