Hello!
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Just went to my first Latin mass a few weeks ago at St. Joseph's Chapel (SSPX) in Greenwood, Indiana after being curious for a very long time. 
It was great and I figured I'd jump in here and see what was up. 

Thanks,
Ryan
[-] The following 3 users Like Quickbeam's post:
  • Fionnchu, ServusDei, tucherb
Hello Ryan and welcome to FishEaters! I enjoy the Latin Mass tremendously and am delighted you find it great.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
Hi Ryan,
welcome to the Tank. The TLM is awesome and beautiful.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Welcome.

The TLM is the Mass.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
(04-10-2020, 09:46 PM)Quickbeam Wrote: Hi everyone,

Just went to my first Latin mass a few weeks ago at St. Joseph's Chapel (SSPX) in Greenwood, Indiana after being curious for a very long time. 

Thanks,
Ryan
Yes, I know how you feel as another lurker turned poster. It's nearly two years ago when I found out there was a TLM less than ten miles away. I had no idea such existed, only a vague notion that the SSPX and Benedict had "discussions" over a decade before. No idea that an "approved" version was out there; even in the largest archdiocese in the nation, it's nearly underground and a very under-promoted "Extraordinary Rite." I waited a while before logging in, too. FE's helpful (if combative now and then; I reckon I'm not the only one who's been excoriated) for guiding one to sources, fellow-travelers and fifth-columnists, and those who wonder what's out there beyond the usual. Hope you enjoy the dive.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
(04-10-2020, 09:46 PM)Quickbeam Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Ryan

A bit hasty are you? Seriously, welcome to the Tank. Enjoy your swim!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(04-11-2020, 12:05 PM)MyLady Wrote: Welcome.

The TLM is the Mass.
Not entirely true. Celtic rites, Ambrosian rite, Ordinariate, and even the rite of Tikhon is not that bad, given the last one mentioned is an Orthodox rite and not a Catholic rite.