Easter Dinner at Stary Latka
Our house is called Stary Latka, Czech for 'old stuff' because that's what it's full of, including its human occupants. 

The Cuter & Shorter Half claims not to like holidays, but she knows how important Easter is to me, so she put on a spread today. Anyone who has seen my posts regarding food knows that a tablecloth is not a normal appurtenance of our table and nor are flowers. The daffodils,  however, were picked in order to prevent their freezing tonight.

So, here it is.

[Image: 6.jpg]
Salad, baked potato, macaroni and cheese, carrots, vegetarian 'steak' (made with TVP and quite tasty!), and bread sticks, with wine for her and beer for me. And delicious cheese cake for dessert.

A fitting feast for the Feast of Feasts!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Teresa Agrorum
The groaning board looks beautiful!
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • jovan66102
So lovely!  Bravo to your spouse for her efforts to make things special.

I lament the modern ethos to make everyday average.  It seems communist and utilitarian to me.

I truly believe that "La belle vie" is a way to live Americans could do well to learn.

As we turn to life at home more it may be a chance to exercise our appreciation of everyday life and especially the grand feasts of the Church in a more appropriate style.

Although I was brought up to appreciate linen napkins and good tableware as an everyday occurrence, as well as candlesticks and music and flowers as a Sunday occurrence, I understand that not everyone was.

Yet, as I have lived in my own "quarantine" as disabled and homebound for 10 years now, it has become even more evident to me the importance of such exquisite accoutrements as "necessities" for everyday living as it gives me a joy that allows me to revel in a moment of gratitude for a simple meal and God's generous beauty in the simple things of life.
[-] The following 3 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Ambrosiano, jovan66102, Teresa Agrorum
I should mention that I'm the household dishwasher. As she prepared to serve the feast, the C&SH said, 'Well, I think I've dirtied enough dishes for one day'. I had to do the washing up in two stages, but it was worth it!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
My darling does them too. ;-)
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.