SSPX Sex Scandals And Cover Ups
I hate posting this but we live in times we need to know what's going on in all parts of the Church, even those we love.

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/spotlight-sympathetic-to-perverts?mc_cid=2db309aaa4&mc_eid=558d97526d
I take anything Church Militant says with a heavy dose of salt when it comes to the SSPX. But, the traditionalist orders are not immune to sexual abuse either.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(04-22-2020, 01:08 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I take anything Church Militant says with a heavy dose of salt when it comes to the SSPX. But, the traditionalist orders are not immune to sexual abuse either.

I agree with you.  There is bad blood there and Church Militant hasn't always gotten the facts straight about the standing of the SSPX.

However, the large amount of evidence here should be examined as it is troubling.
Some thoughts I have:

Sex abuse and scandals are inevitable everywhere and will never completely go away no matter how hard we try.

Coverups, on the other hand, are inexcusable.

No information like this shakes my faith in Jesus, the Church, the sacraments...etc.  His grace still works through imperfect men.

And I always take into account the bias of the reporter and the potential for false allegations.
Some of the content in the article/ video is tendentious and makes it come off nearly as a hit piece with the amount of whataboutism in it making it seem even more skewed.
That's not to say that it shouldn't be taken seriously and people held accountable.
Christine Niles said this on her Twitter: "considering how young and small the SSPX is (about 600 priests), the high percentage of abusers actually makes the rest of the Church look good in comparison. Sorry, but it's the truth.
Time to open your eyes and stop excusing all this because they offer the TLM."
what's the canonical status of the SSPX?
I heard so much contradictory info about them.
(04-22-2020, 02:11 PM)Quickbeam Wrote:  "considering how ... small the SSPX is''

If CM can't even get such a simple fact straight, why should I believe anything they say?

Quote:If the Society’s canonical situation were to be regularized, it would be the Church’s 4th largest society of apostolic life (similar to a religious order, but without vows), according to the three criteria published annually in Annuario Pontificio (of 2016): number of erected houses (median 31; SSPX 167), number of members in the society (median 229; SSPX 971), and number of priests in the society (median 149; SSPX 640).
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, karl, MagisterMusicae
(04-22-2020, 02:55 PM)xsantiagox Wrote: what's the canonical status of the SSPX?
I heard so much contradictory info about them.

Fr Z, who is a Diocesan Priest, wrote this just a few days ago: Ask Father: What’s the Truth About the SSPX?

It explains the situation quite well.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, Fionnchu, Jeeter, Sacred Heart lover
(04-22-2020, 02:59 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: If CM can't even get such a simple fact straight, why should I believe anything they say?
It really does call into question their motivation here. I attend an SSPX chapel now and I'll be the first one to say if there is any abuse or infidelity present I want it rooted out.
CM doesn't do themselves any favors here regarding their credibility, or lack thereof.
[-] The following 3 users Like Quickbeam's post:
  • Augustinian, MagisterMusicae, randomtradguy
Quickbeam, I totally agree, tho' I don't attend an SSPX Chapel. However, anything CM says about the Society needs to be taken with a very large grain of salt. For some reason, they have an axe to grind with the Society and they jump at every opportunity.

I used to regularly share CM on my blog, the headlines every day, and other videos and stories quite often. I've quit doing that in the last months since they've gone on the attack against the SSPX.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • karl, MagisterMusicae