Beer Brewing Anybody else?
Hey All,

Just wondering if we have any beer brewers on this forum. I have a nice IPA brewing as we speak (pic below). I am in to doing extracts as well as all grain batch sparging.

I'll probably bottle this one and have plans to do a nice Oatmeal Stout that I will keg and put in my kegerator next to my computer in my home office.

God Bless

[Image: 8b0678c6420650c78655a707ed673867.jpg]

[Image: c92439795a760ec9e746bd730fe4a981.jpg]
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 2 users Like SeeTheLight's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum, The Tax Collector
That looks like a pretty impressive setup.  I have no such skills, so I stick to Bud Light.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Tax Collector's post:
  • SeeTheLight
Quote:Oatmeal stout...

Sigh.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(04-26-2020, 10:21 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
Quote:Oatmeal stout...

Sigh.
Sigh because you want some or don't like it?
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Oatmeal stout is a gift from the dear God.
  • SeeTheLight
(04-26-2020, 10:52 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: Oatmeal stout is a gift from the dear God.
Absolutely Agree 100%!

I've been brewing off-and-on for the past 25 years.  Unfortunately, haven't done a batch in a couple of years now.  My favorite to make are Porters.  I also like making hard apple ciders, but that's for others (including the wife) as I'm not a fan of them.

Now, if you want to talk about distilling... grin.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • SeeTheLight, Teresa Agrorum
Big Grin 
I'm a dark beer fan. Porters are lovely. And I do enjoy hard ciders. (But mead is too sweet for me.)

Distilling...moonshine? ;-)

Edit:

A friend in England once sent me a small beer starter. I never used it, and the little bag is still resting in my fridge. But I want to ask, have any Fishies tried this?
  • SeeTheLight
My favorites are stouts (Guinness is my favorite), Browns, and Kolschs.

I like IPAs but am picky as they have to be very well balanced with a good floral characteristics from the hops.

(04-27-2020, 01:11 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: Distilling...moonshine? ;-)

Moonshine?  Naw... that'll be illegal. Grin. 

Unless, of course, you've got a permit to make fuel alcohol. 

I wouldn't want any revenuers after me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • SeeTheLight, Teresa Agrorum