Beer Brewing Anybody else?
All I’m making is 44, which should be done by 7 Mar, so we’ll before Easter.

The grape cordial I initially attempted grew white mold during the initial fermentation.  Don’t ask me how, I was thoroughly disappointed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pandora's post:
  • SeeTheLight
Here's a nice Irish Red I brewed up not long ago. The lighting makes it look less red than it really is but it's a nice smooth beer.

God Bless and I wish you all well.

[Image: 68ce1f92dec61bc326359a529ff2008f.jpg][Image: d6cb61abc6015a508664f528c7e11937.jpg]
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Bonaventure
Nice radio. Or is that a scanner?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • SeeTheLight
Thanks it's a Grundig Satellit 750 Radio it does long, medium, and short wave.

I'll scan the waves every once in a while if I'm lucky enough I can pick up ham operators chatting sometimes. It's fun to try and tune in short wave stations too.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
  • Bonaventure
I would love to brew beer. I think I'll start when I retire or when the children are big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marmot's post:
  • SeeTheLight
A nice Blue Moon Clone I brewed that just finished up carbonation in the bottle. I got the recipe from a guy that used to brew Blue Moon at Coors Field in Denver for Coors at the Sandlot Brewery.

[Image: 045ac4878e91458531536c5c357ba20d.jpg]

• Bonaventure
I brewed for many years before the Great American Beer Revolution.  I started off as an extract brewer with Dave Line's classic book "Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy." Then the magazine "Zymurgy" was started, and I realized this was going to become "a thing."

Eventually, I graduated to whole grain brewing and because there were no suppliers at the time, I ended up growing my own hops, and culturing my own yeasts.

Then in the late 1980's when Wyeast products hit the market, the sky was the limit and began brewing a wide range of products, including lambics.   I was eventually asked to be the lead brewer at a new craft brewery (a job I -thankfully- turned down).

Life threw me a curve, and I lost most of my equipment and I stopped brewing - never to pick it up again.

Now, I just drink and judge the works of others.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaoimhinPConnell's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(05-13-2021, 07:11 AM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: I brewed for many years before the Great American Beer Revolution.  I started off as an extract brewer with Dave Line's classic book "Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy." Then the magazine "Zymurgy" was started, and I realized this was going to become "a thing."

Eventually, I graduated to whole grain brewing and because there were no suppliers at the time, I ended up growing my own hops, and culturing my own yeasts.

Then in the late 1980's when Wyeast products hit the market, the sky was the limit and began brewing a wide range of products, including lambics.   I was eventually asked to be the lead brewer at a new craft brewery (a job I -thankfully- turned down).

Life threw me a curve, and I lost most of my equipment and I stopped brewing - never to pick it up again.

Now, I just drink and judge the works of others.

Sounds like you had quite the ride and I bet you can brew with the best of them. Zymurgy is a good magazine. I currently subscribe to Brew Your Own and find it helpful and fun to read.

I brew strictly for fun and enjoyment of a nice cold one tweaked to my tastes.

I do like that with brewing you can make it as simple or as complex as you want and still make decent beer.

God Bless.

[Image: quote-i-should-like-a-great-lake-of-ale-...-20-42.jpg]
And, an unknown Capuchin of St Fidelis Friary, Victoria, KS, used as a slogan by the Free State Brewing Co. in Lawrence, KS, 'Somehow, things go better with beer'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Marmot, SeeTheLight
I hope everyone is doing well. I brewed a nice IPA that I enjoyed over July 4th and it came out great. I used cascade and citra hops.

God Bless everybody!

[Image: 4ff8d9793181967c76ea8b7b29cf9ec8.jpg]