Bishop Schneider: Govt’s are using COVID-19 as pretext to ‘persecute’ Church
42 minutes but this interview is a MUST ! https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/bisho...ute-church

I don't know if there's ever been a time since the Ascension when the Catholic Church has been more irrelevant than it is at this moment. I think Bishop Schneider is right, it certainly looks like we're heading for an underground-catacomb church. No one is calling for a worldwide movement for repentence, prayer and fasting. Instead we hear rumblings that there may be a crackdown on the TLM in the near future https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2020/0....html#more  Along with that, Bishops in the UK are talking about remaining closed through Christmas, while Iowa's Bishops are saying they won't re-open until there's a vaccine http://kscj.com/2020/04/29/iowa-bishops-...nday-mass/

Whatever happens, I think it'll never be the same. Will people return to follow the hirelings who deserted just before the battle and denied them the sacraments, including in some cases the Last Rites ? or will we see an ever shrinking number of people attending church. Personally, I've had it, I kinda want to see the Novus Ordo-V2 church die now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eric F's post:
  • ActusFidei313, antiquarian, Augustinian
(04-30-2020, 11:54 AM)Eric F Wrote: Personally, I've had it, I kinda want to see the Novus Ordo-V2 church die now.

If anything, this quarantine will most likely serve as a culling to root out the lukewarm Catholics from the fervent. Also, the few parking lot Low Masses around the country prove the adaptability of the TLM over the NO and hopefully wake up some of the more fervent NO Catholics into realizing its supremacy as the Mass of all ages.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • HailGilbert
I doubt the quarantine will do much. If Francis and the repeated sex scandals hasn't done anything to dislodge the V2-NO, then what will other than a divine act that either destroys these people, or denies their free-will and forces them to accept.
Shocked 
(04-30-2020, 12:05 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 11:54 AM)Eric F Wrote: Personally, I've had it, I kinda want to see the Novus Ordo-V2 church die now.

If anything, this quarantine will most likely serve as a culling to root out the lukewarm Catholics from the fervent. Also, the few parking lot Low Masses around the country prove the adaptability of the TLM over the NO and hopefully wake up some of the more fervent NO Catholics into realizing its supremacy as the Mass of all ages.

This is an interesting observation, I agree but would speculate one step further.

People have been talking about "The Illumination" there are books prophecies etc etc about this. I wonder if this is "The Illumination". Kinda like the OT prophecied about a king to come, the Jews were expecting some huge political leader and then came Jesus. And now, people are expecting some huge supernatural awakening but, instead we got a virus.

I dunno random musings I guess, but that's what happens when being couped up for to long...
"There is nothing more pleasing to God, than to see a soul who patiently and serenely bears whatever crosses it is sent; this is how love is made, by putting lover and loved one on the same level. . . A soul who loves Jesus Christ desires to be treated the way Christ was treated-desires to be poor, despised and humiliated."

St Alphonsus Ligouri
[-] The following 2 users Like CopiosaApudEumRedemptio's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Teresa Agrorum
When most Bishops go along with the designation that the mass is non-essential, while the pot dispensaries and liquor stores remain open, you have to wonder just how many people will even want to come back.
[-] The following 5 users Like Eric F's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Augustinian, CopiosaApudEumRedemptio, HailGilbert, Teresa Agrorum