How is everyone going to confession?
(05-03-2020, 12:03 PM)MyLady Wrote: Well in England the churches are completely closed - no confession, no adoration - nothing.

Its the act of perfect contrition and streaming masses!

If anyone ever took attending mass for granted, they certainly won’t after this lockdown ends. (nb;
I am only talking about believing catholics here).
 There are some (mainly, if not exclusively traditional) churches in the UK that offer confession by appointment, though I'm not aware of any that are officially 'open'.
By appointment. With what we've learned, there is growing reason to believe that being outdoors is beneficial. This week, the priest walked from the parsonage out to my car with an umbrella because it was raining dreadfully. Normally, we have been doing it before the icon of the Gateway to Heaven.

There are people who have been tailgating the liturgies. I'm going to be trying more regularly because one of the subdeacons has been wanting to see me after liturgy lately. We're the only parish in the D.C. metro area that tailgates it. I'm still not putting on a polo and slacks for a Livestream. I'm not that religious!
Daily (except Weds.) for an hour.  The priest sits behind a tall, three-sided screen on the rectory steps inside the church garden with a cushion in front for the penitent who announces him/herself with an audible Sign of the Cross.  No "supermarket" lines allowed, as Father is worried about neighborhood snitches.  10 max. allowed inside church for private prayers.  Others can wait in their cars.  On some Sundays, I help out by standing masked in the doorway to keep count/direct traffic but really to keep a presence to show that we're not backing down to Gov. Nuisance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
I'm pretty fortunate. Our parish still offers confession, but are very strict on the number of people allowed into the church (10, including the priests, iirc).

You enter through the narthex on one side, are verbally greeted by an usher, who also ensures more than 10 people aren't in the building. Confession is done beside the sacristy, sitting on a small wooden bench, with a large sheet screen blocking you from the priest. After receiving absolution, you spray and wipe the bench with disinfectant (provided) then exit, doing your penance outside, either in your car, at home, or (my preference) by the parish grotto dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe (lovely area, actually).

MyLady Wrote:Just to be more precise.

If you want a takeaway or the ‘liquor store’ - no problem!

I know, right? Here in VA, churches were one of the first things shut down by the governor. Yet bars, restaurants, and the VA Beach boardwalk was left open. Then he threw a hissy because tons of people were out violating social distancing protocol on beaches (duh. what did he expect?), and signed a stay at home order, encouraging folks to wear masks out in public. Which I found ironic, as the last time he wore a mask (or was it dark makeup?) he got in a bit of hot water for it.

Funny thing is, ABC stores are still open, but no one seems to be enforcing any kind of social distancing, number of people gathered, or mask wearing in them. This despite parishes being uber-careful to not have too many people, etc, so as too not run afoul the government.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(05-03-2020, 01:18 PM)dahveed Wrote: Previous to Easter, the preceding two Wednesdays, parking lot confessions were available. The only mention if the sacraments I've recently seen was when one was in danger of death.

I assume you mean bodily death, since it's obvious that spiritual death doesn't concern many of our 'shepherds'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
I haven't been to confession in about six weeks. Ugh. Not to sound flippant, but I really need an appointment at the hair salon, too!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(05-04-2020, 04:54 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 01:18 PM)dahveed Wrote: Previous to Easter, the preceding two Wednesdays, parking lot confessions were available. The only mention if the sacraments I've recently seen was when one was in danger of death.

I assume you mean bodily death, since it's obvious that spiritual death doesn't concern many of our 'shepherds'.
What?!? They're supposed to convert us to the faith?!? Since when?!?
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • jovan66102
I must amend what I wrote the other day. As of late Sunday, when checking the parish's website, a note on adoration with a sign-up sheet appeared. I signed for last night, and the sacrament of Confession was available, unbeknownst to me. A pleasant surprise. This will be peppered throughout the next couple weeks, so I am assuming that he will likewise offer that sacrament again during adoration, thanks be to God. You are correct, though, Jovan, as regards bodily death. I can only suspect that orders from the chancery restrained his hand, though I must add that I do not think that the archbishop is one of the heavy-handed, so much as he'd been given bad advice.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(05-03-2020, 12:03 PM)MyLady Wrote: Well in England the churches are completely closed - no confession, no adoration - nothing.

Its the act of perfect contrition and streaming masses!

If anyone ever took attending mass for granted, they certainly won’t after this lockdown ends. (nb;
I am only talking about believing catholics here).

Unfortunately it's the same in Ireland. I don't understand why they couldn't have had limited numbers in an open mass and use a room for confession. It's not like there are many people going to mass pre-pandemic.
I live in North Texas. The parishes in the Fort Worth diocese are opening up at 25% capacity. This includes confession as far as I am aware, and also includes the FSSP apostolate in this diocese. The SSPX chapel near me opened when Gov. Abbot began allowing religious services as essential. In the Dallas diocese, the parishes are not yet open. However, one of the Novus Ordo parishes in this diocese has confession in a courtyard, but social distanced, with the confessor standing/sitting 6-8ft away from the person going to confession. I went to confession here. In Texas, it's looking like we are firmly in the process of reopening.