How is everyone going to confession?
Apparently our diocese will begin holding confession in a week or so. We'll see how it works out. Hopefully, well.
DJRESQ, may I ask where you are located? (Wherever you are, you're blessed!)
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(05-15-2020, 11:00 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: DJRESQ, may I ask where you are located? (Wherever you are, you're blessed!)
Suburban Atlanta. 

All the local Latin Rite parishes are closed, but we're part of the Eparchy of Passaic.  The bishop has permitted parishes to open where local authorities allow. 

https://epiphanybyz.org/

At least one of our other parishes is also open, Saint Anne's in New Port Richey, Florida.  I don't know about any others.

https://www.stannesbyzantine.com/announements

We have experienced a large influx of Latin Catholic visitors because their parishes are closed, but because liturgies are outside, there's no problem.  It's a large area. 

We don't get huge numbers during any weekday liturgies, so we can use the church and still practice "social distancing" without a problem.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DJRESQ's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Quote:We have experienced a large influx of Latin Catholic visitors because their parishes are closed, but because liturgies are outside, there's no problem.

That's great. Thanks be to God!

For a while the local SSPX chapel was holding 'parking lot' Masses that followed the new rules. But a passerby, seeing all the cars, called up a radio station to denounce this activity. After an exposé by the station and much noise, the truth of the matter was finally revealed and a decent retraction done. But the experience has left the parish gun-shy; they are now meeting for Mass outdoors on private property an hour away in the country.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
Our parish just opened up for confession today. We have to line up in our cars outside the building and wait to be called in. Sounds like a pain, but it's better than nothing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Birdie's post:
  • LionHippo