How is everyone going to confession?
(05-11-2020, 05:42 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: It's very interesting.  It sort of implies that there's a real communion.  Oriental Orthodox to my knowledge have a different Christology (not according to academics though) compared to Chalcedonian Orthodox and Roman Catholics so that would be weird.  The Christological differences are not just academic points of interest, all true theology is in some way integrally related to Christology. The early Church had whole councils specifically on Christological controversy.  I know modern academics tend to dismiss the differences as semantic only but I'm not so convinced.  At any rate it's interesting.  It implies that the Christology of non Chalcedonians and RC's are exactly the same or that Christology isn't an issue when it comes to communion or at least confession.

Are miaphysitism and dyophysitism reconcilable? If so, it sounds like the OOs are no longer what they once were - if they ever were truly monophysites at all. I'm not very familiar with the history on this issue, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is everyone going to confession? - by Melkite - 05-11-2020, 06:08 PM