Are we about to witness the downfall of the Society of Saint Pius X?
With the sex scandals being exposed about the Society of Saint Pius X, the Society might be facing hefty court fees, depending on how deep the cover ups go and how many there are.
Keep in mind that 20 dioceses in the mainstream Catholic Church have gone bankrupt due to their sex scandals. The court fees for each case in these 20 dioceses was on average $4,000,000,000.
With the Society being fairly small in size in comparison to the mainstream Catholic Church, I don't think the Society will have funds for court cases. So I began to wonder if we are about to witness the downfall of the Society of Saint Pius X.
https://israelnightclub.com/נערות-ליווי/
Doubtful. I also do not understand the sheer hatred so-called Catholics have for the Society. If they knew a damn thing about the saintly life of Abp. Lefebvre, perhaps they would change their tune.[Image: 878285af0e1caa0086135d298fb1a2bf.jpg]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • karl, MagdalenaRita, Ruth Catherine, Teresa Agrorum
First things first, could the mods remove this from the Arts section? Thank you kindly.
Second, why would someone jump in, create a single yet heated topic, and jump out minutes later?
It might sound a bit weird or too conspiratorial, but this question do sound anti-SSPX here and there and I'm just making connections.
Quote: mainstream Catholic Church

Just my two cents...

Edit
This question is just a copy from one made in reddit in a subforum for former trads, that's why it sounded anti-SSPX.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
(05-03-2020, 04:53 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Doubtful. I also do not understand the sheer hatred so-called Catholics have for the Society. If they knew a damn thing about the saintly life of Abp. Lefebvre, perhaps they would change their tune.[Image: 878285af0e1caa0086135d298fb1a2bf.jpg]

They hate the Society because it doesn't play ball with Vatican 2 and they didn't submit to JPII "the great". That's the only thing I can think of.

LCWR is bad, but eh...not all are, they are Catholic
EO are schismatics, but they are our Eastern brothers
Prots are heretics, but they are our "other Christians"
Muslims are infidels, but they worship the "one, true god"
Jews are infidels, but they are our elder brothers
SSPX are evil schismatic heretics who should be avoided like COVID-19!
[-] The following 10 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • , antiquarian, Augustinian, jovan66102, karl, MagdalenaRita, Melkite, newenglandsun, piscis, Ruth Catherine
(05-03-2020, 04:17 PM)kuttu Wrote: With the sex scandals being exposed about the Society of Saint Pius X, the Society might be facing hefty court fees, depending on how deep the cover ups go and how many there are.
Keep in mind that 20 dioceses in the mainstream Catholic Church have gone bankrupt due to their sex scandals. The court fees for each case in these 20 dioceses was on average $4,000,000,000.
With the Society being fairly small in size in comparison to the mainstream Catholic Church, I don't think the Society will have funds for court cases. So I began to wonder if we are about to witness the downfall of the Society of Saint Pius X.

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/ExTraditionalCatholic/comments/gck611/are_we_about_to_witness_the_downfall_of_the/][/url]

At least 80 BILLION dollars in “court fees” alone. Amazing!
What's the use of speculating when things will play out anyway? We'll see eventually what happens. 

In the meantime, I'm going to mind my own business and keep receiving sacraments from the SSPX as long as I and my family can since that's all that actually matters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes piscis's post:
  • karl
(05-03-2020, 05:16 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote: First things first, could the mods remove this from the Arts section? Thank you kindly.
Second, why would someone jump in, create a single yet heated topic, and jump out minutes later?
It might sound a bit weird or too conspiratorial, but this question do sound anti-SSPX here and there and I'm just making connections.
Quote: mainstream Catholic Church

Just my two cents...

Edit
This question is just a copy from one made in reddit in a subforum for former trads, that's why it sounded anti-SSPX.

1) Moved as requested.

2) Yeah, I smell a drive by modernist.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • CopiosaApudEumRedemptio, Ioannes_L, MagisterMusicae

Why do we have the SSPX?
"There is nothing more pleasing to God, than to see a soul who patiently and serenely bears whatever crosses it is sent; this is how love is made, by putting lover and loved one on the same level. . . A soul who loves Jesus Christ desires to be treated the way Christ was treated-desires to be poor, despised and humiliated."

St Alphonsus Ligouri
Augustinian Wrote:Doubtful. I also do not understand the sheer hatred so-called Catholics have for the Society. If they knew a damn thing about the saintly life of Abp. Lefebvre, perhaps they would change their tune.[Image: 878285af0e1caa0086135d298fb1a2bf.jpg]

Funny, but I had a discussion about the SSPX with a peer a while back. It seems to me that most people who have that much hostility toward the SSPX do so out of ignorance.  They're either told by presstitutes that the society is in complete schism, or are told by the SPLC that the society's a hate group, without bothering to look into what they really teach.

While I don't worship with the SSPX, I took the above mentioned peer to task, asking why they are a "hate group", yet mosques that hosted Anwar Al Awlaki (who preached actual murder) aren't. The reaction was priceless.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 3 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102, karl
That's a sad, sad place indeed.
I just took some time to read the posts there, and the vitriolic attacks against the Church, priests, tradition... is appaling. But what would you expect from a place that has Extra Ecclesiam Ibi Libertas* as a motto?
*Outside the church there is freedom.
Ite ad Ioseph