Are we about to witness the downfall of the Society of Saint Pius X?
Quote:Jeeter

...or are told by the SPLC that the society's a 
hate group, without bothering to look into what they really teach

Who in his right mind listens to SPLC?
[-] The following 2 users Like Te Deum's post:
  • Hildegarde, karl
Looks like it was definitely a 'drive by' CM supporting SSPX hater. Registered, spent 6 minutes on the forum, one post, and hasn't even been back to check for responses.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • , Augustinian, Ioannes_L
(05-04-2020, 08:37 PM)Te Deum Wrote:

CNN, MSNBS, the ACLU, oh wait... they're not in their right minds...
[-] The following 3 users Like newenglandsun's post:
  • antiquarian, jovan66102, karl
What ever happened to the OP?

Perhaps a new thread should be started, are we witnessing the end of CM?

http://stumblingblock.org/?p=15870

If this article is true, maybe.
"There is nothing more pleasing to God, than to see a soul who patiently and serenely bears whatever crosses it is sent; this is how love is made, by putting lover and loved one on the same level. . . A soul who loves Jesus Christ desires to be treated the way Christ was treated-desires to be poor, despised and humiliated."

St Alphonsus Ligouri
Te Deum Wrote:

I never said people who listen to the SPLC were in their right mind, lol.

The sad thing is they are quoted by the presstitutes at various news agencies, who in turn influence people.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(05-04-2020, 07:10 AM)Jeeter Wrote:
Augustinian Wrote:Doubtful. I also do not understand the sheer hatred so-called Catholics have for the Society. If they knew a damn thing about the saintly life of Abp. Lefebvre, perhaps they would change their tune.[Image: 878285af0e1caa0086135d298fb1a2bf.jpg]

Funny, but I had a discussion about the SSPX with a peer a while back. It seems to me that most people who have that much hostility toward the SSPX do so out of ignorance.  They're either told by presstitutes that the society is in complete schism, or are told by the SPLC that the society's a hate group, without bothering to look into what they really teach.

While I don't worship with the SSPX, I took the above mentioned peer to task, asking why they are a "hate group", yet mosques that hosted Anwar Al Awlaki (who preached actual murder) aren't.  The reaction was priceless.

Well, what was the reaction?  Don't leave us hanging!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • Fionnchu
CopiosaApudEumRedemptio Wrote:What ever happened to the OP?

Perhaps a new thread should be started, are we witnessing the end of CM?

http://stumblingblock.org/?p=15870

If this article is true, maybe.

I hope so.
CM is agony to the ears.
Edit. I shouldn’t be judgmental.
Perhaps their intentions are good, I don't know.
I suggest listening/reading the works of the Saints instead.
2nd edit. The third line was corrected to say “shouldn’t”.
(I had “should” written).
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • CopiosaApudEumRedemptio
Melkite Wrote:Well, what was the reaction?  Don't leave us hanging!

He started sputtering about how "but that's different", then when pressed about why it was different responded with something about "not all muslims, and besides, they're an oppressed minority." So I asked him a) how they are oppressed and b) I repeated my initial question: why is the SSPX listed as a hate group for the alleged actions of individual members (remember, all groups have individual bad apples) that are at best, ideas, but mosques who've hosted people like Anwar Al-Awlaki and 9/11 hijacker, who actually preached or executed violence, are not listed. I also asked if he'd looked at the SSPX website, to see if anything the SPLC said was posted there was actually true. He said he hadn't, thenstarted this odd facial twitch, and eventually told me to "shut up!" I hope the twitch was not symptomatic of any underlying issue, but the lack of any logical thought, while aggravating, was hilarious when combined with his final response!
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 3 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Fionnchu, jovan66102, Melkite
I think we could be ready to witness the downfall of 95 pct of the Catholic Church.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Jeeter