Pope Benedict - “Opponents Trying to Silence Me”
Pope Emeritus Benedict says that his opponents are trying to silence him, as per a new biography “Benedict XVI - A Life”, published today in Germany.

In typical Benedict fashion, he will not elaborate on his admission.  “I would rather not analyze the actual reasons why people want to silence my voice” Benedict says.

More surprising, the article starts by describing Pope Emeritus Benedict as a Traditionalist... I think that is  awesome news that he has had a conversion to tradition in his 7 years of isolation. ;)

[/url][url=https://news.yahoo.com/former-pope-benedict-complains-attempts-silence-him-074433871.html]Pope Benedict - Biography Publishing News
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
I would want more confirmation of his 'conversion' than a story from Agence France-Presse. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that to AFP, like most MSM outlets, a 'Traditionalist' is anyone who appreciates a reverent Mass and refuses to go along with Francis's heresies.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert, MagisterMusicae
(05-04-2020, 05:35 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I would want more confirmation of his 'conversion' than a story from Agence France-Presse. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that to AFP, like most MSM outlets, a 'Traditionalist' is anyone who appreciates a reverent Mass and refuses to go along with Francis's heresies.

I have to back Jovan on this one. From what I've read of the Pope Emeritus' seminary education, he's had too much Hegel and not enough Aquinas.

Plus lets not forget that he was a periti for the "progressives" during Vatican Two. So has he truly dropped all that Neo-Modernist baggage or do we think he's done it? I don't know.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 2 users Like HailGilbert's post:
  • jovan66102, MagisterMusicae
(05-04-2020, 06:11 PM)HailGilbert Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 05:35 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I would want more confirmation of his 'conversion' than a story from Agence France-Presse. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that to AFP, like most MSM outlets, a 'Traditionalist' is anyone who appreciates a reverent Mass and refuses to go along with Francis's heresies.

I have to back Jovan on this one. From what I've read of the Pope Emeritus' seminary education, he's had too much Hegel and not enough Aquinas.

Plus lets not forget that he was a periti for the "progressives" during Vatican Two. So has he truly dropped all that Neo-Modernist baggage or do we think he's done it? I don't know.
I was being facetious. I thought the nature of the comment and the wink would give it away. I didn’t expect it to be taken so seriously.

Safe to say, the Pope Emeritus still holds to the “Hermeneutic of Continuity” between Tradition and Vatican ll.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14

Lol, geez lighten up.
(05-04-2020, 06:54 PM)rose0325 Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 06:17 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: Safe to say, the Pope Emeritus still holds to the “Hermeneutic of Continuity” between Tradition and Vatican ll.

The hermeneutic of continuity is a dead end: Vatican II may be interpreted in accordance with Tradition, but to suggest this as a viable solution is to miss the nature of the problem. The textbook definition of ambiguity refers to a text which may be understood in two or more ways, one of which is objectionable. And though Vatican II may be understood in an orthodox manner, there is no doubt that it can also be understood in a heterodox and objectionable manner. By arguing that it is the heterodox interpretation that is the problem, and not the ambiguity itself that leads to these heterodox interpretations, we miss the root of the problem.

The hermeneutic of rupture was literally the guiding point of the post-conciliar "reforms". Nostra aetate and Unitatis redintegratio never called for something as scandalous as the 1986 Assisi gatherings. Sacrosanctum concilium never called for a new liturgical rite. Yet it was the spirit, not the letter, of the Council that dominated the vast majority of "reforms" in the years following its conclusion, proving that the ambiguity of the Council was deliberately placed, with the express purpose of inciting experimentation in mind. And a text, even if corrected, still bears the imprint of its original authors and their liberal, humanistic, modernist ideas.

I think ya all missed the nuance of the initial post.  Everyone should get outside more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Tax Collector's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(05-04-2020, 07:05 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 06:17 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: Safe to say, the Pope Emeritus still holds to the “Hermeneutic of Continuity” between Tradition and Vatican ll.

The hermeneutic of continuity is a dead end: Vatican II may be interpreted in accordance with Tradition, but to suggest this as a viable solution is to miss the nature of the problem. The textbook definition of ambiguity refers to a text which may be understood in two or more ways, one of which is objectionable. And though Vatican II may be understood in an orthodox manner, there is no doubt that it can also be understood in a heterodox and objectionable manner. By arguing that it is the heterodox interpretation that is the problem, and not the ambiguity itself that leads to these heterodox interpretations, we miss the root of the problem.

The hermeneutic of rupture was literally the guiding point of the post-conciliar "reforms". Nostra aetate and Unitatis redintegratio never called for something as scandalous as the 1986 Assisi gatherings. Sacrosanctum concilium never called for a new liturgical rite. Yet it was the spirit, not the letter, of the Council that dominated the vast majority of "reforms" in the years following its conclusion, proving that the ambiguity of the Council was deliberately placed, with the express purpose of inciting experimentation in mind. And a text, even if corrected, still bears the imprint of its original authors and their liberal, humanistic, modernist ideas.

I think ya all missed the nuance of the initial post.  Everyone should get outside more.
Now Rotate Caeli, he gets it.

Rorate Tweet
Actually, I admit to confusion! LOL! I wasn't sure if it wasn't just a bit tongue in cheek. I obviously made the wrong call.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • MagisterMusicae, The Tax Collector
The German clergy are the "opponents trying to silence" him, and that's clear as water in this article and from a previous book published by Seewald, with all the interviews he had with Benedict after he left the throne of St. Peter. I own a copy of the book, and he's often mentioning the Germans, from the Summorum Pontificum to the possessions owned by the Vatican.
Ite ad Ioseph

Dead end or not, it's the only possible hermeneutic left on the table.

Not just for the texts of Vatican II but especially for the papal magisterium of the past 50 years. Without this hermeneutic of continuity, you'd have a clear rupture and, thus, a formal defection.
[-] The following 2 users Like Te Deum's post:
  • Hildegarde, Teresa Agrorum