Pope backs universal prayer day against coronavirus with Muslims, doesn’t mention sin
(05-06-2020, 10:02 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 09:48 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Pope Francis is leading the Church - and the world - as a gracious, gentle, and comforting leader at this time.  His call for unity in prayer with the global community is a refreshing act of spiritual courage during this time of suffering for the world.

Oh whoops, for a second there I thought I was back at Catholic Answers Forums lol

Serious or just joking? If serious, haven't you seen the Pachamama Idol worship he committed?

God Bless You

How is the Pope calling for prayer a bad thing?  If you were to ask any random person on the street, "what do you think a pope spends a lot of time doing?" one of the top answers would surely be "praying."

Also, from Vatican News:  "The Committee suggests Thursday, 14 May, as a day 'for fasting, works of mercy, prayers, and supplications for the good of all humanity.'"  Which seems like a great idea.

Here the Holy Father again teaches by example - uniting with sisters and brothers in prayer for a cause greater than ourselves; a chance to view someone who practices a different faith not as "other" but as a fellow human being made in the Image of God who is facing the same worries as anyone else.  Likewise, Pope Francis has wisely steered the idea of this virus as some type of "divine punishment" instead toward a more edifying call of reflection and penance, a time for us to cast ourselves toward the gaze of the merciful Father.
(05-06-2020, 10:18 PM)LionHippo Wrote: How is the Pope calling for prayer a bad thing? 

Prayer to whom? To Shiva? Odin? Zeus? Muhammad?..... Is there not only one name by which man can be saved? Only one name above all other names?

(05-06-2020, 10:18 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Here the Holy Father again teaches by example - uniting with sisters and brothers in prayer for a cause greater than ourselves; a chance to view someone who practices a different faith not as "other" but as a fellow human being made in the Image of God who is facing the same worries as anyone else.  Likewise, Pope Francis has wisely steered the idea of this virus as some type of "divine punishment" instead toward a more edifying call of reflection and penance, a time for us to cast ourselves toward the gaze of the merciful Father.

You mean instead of 'Divine Punishment' he called it 'Mother Earth Punishment'? Fellow human beings made in the Image of God correct, fellow human beings worshiping the same God no.

Archbishop Fulton J Sheen Wrote:We are living in the days of the Apocalypse, the last days of our era. The two great forces-the Mystical Body of Christ and the Mystical Body of the anti-Christ are beginning to draw battle lines for the catastrophic contest.
The False prophet will have a religion without a cross. A religion without a world to come. A religion to destroy religions. There will be a counterfeit Church. Christ’s Church the Catholic Church will be one; and the false Prophet will create the other. The False Church will be worldly, ecumenical, and global. It will be a loose federation of churches and religions, forming some type of global association.A world parliament of Churches. It will be emptied of all Divine content, it will be the mystical body of the anti-christ. The Mystical Body on earth today will have its Judas Iscariot, and he will be the false prophet. Satan will recruit him from our Bishops.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
[-] The following 4 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, jovan66102, Ruth Catherine
Quote:If you were to ask any random person on the street, "what do you think a pope spends a lot of time doing?" one of the top answers would surely be "praying."

I'm sure that's true. Of course, the assumption would be that he was praying to the Holy Trinity in a Catholic way, not that he was 'praying' to the amorphous 'god' that he seems to believe in.

Calling for prayer with heretics, infidels, and pagans is called heresy. It is forbidden to Catholics to pray with non-Catholics. And I agree with Josh. Francis said the pandemic was a punishment from 'Mother Earth' (a pagan goddess, in some parts of the world called Pachamama) for our 'ecological sins'. 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, josh987654321
He is simply "calling to prayer" each and all, that they may pray in accordance with their religion or custom, for an end to this pandemic and consolation to those on the front lines of fighting it.
(05-06-2020, 10:35 PM)LionHippo Wrote: He is simply "calling to prayer" each and all, that they may pray in accordance with their religion or custom, for an end to this pandemic and consolation to those on the front lines of fighting it.

So if they were praying for an end to this pandemic to lets say the Pachamama Idol, and God were to grant their requested, would He not confirm them in their errors and path to hell?... The Aztecs offered human sacrifice to worship and appease their gods? Christ said to pray like this "Our Father who art in Heaven...." He did not say each should pray in accordance with their own religion or customs.

God Bless You
[-] The following 3 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, jovan66102
(05-06-2020, 10:35 PM)LionHippo Wrote: He is simply "calling to prayer" each and all, that they may pray in accordance with their religion or custom, for an end to this pandemic and consolation to those on the front lines of fighting it.

As the Psalms remind us, Omnes dii Gentium dæmonia. Is that who the Pope, the representative on Earth of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity and the only true God, should be telling people to pray to?
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • josh987654321, jovan66102
(05-07-2020, 12:29 AM)Paul Wrote: As the Psalms remind us, Omnes dii Gentium dæmonia. Is that who the Pope, the representative on Earth of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity and the only true God, should be telling people to pray to?

I have a novel idea! How about if he calls them to conversion to the Faith and to prayer to Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity and the only true God, just like the Church did for centuries, until fairly recently? Or would that be too 'rigid'?

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • josh987654321
(05-07-2020, 01:15 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I have a novel idea! How about if he calls them to conversion to the Faith and to prayer to Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity and the only true God, just like the Church did for centuries, until fairly recently? Or would that be too 'rigid'?

Convert? What are you, some sort of proselytiser?
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • josh987654321, jovan66102
Guilty as charged! I'm reminded of a statement from Charles Coulombe, 'I'm the nicest anti-semite you'll ever meet. I love the Jews so much that I want them all to be Catholic'.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Paul

The Roman Pontiff is calling for a world day of inter religious prayer under the hashtag of #HumanFraternity.  It’s not Catholic. What did the apostles and the martyrs give their life for?   Most Catholics are not even scandalized, if they know about it at all. To be expected I suppose, given the Joint Statement Signed with the Mohammedans on Human Fraternity in 2019. Fruits of Assisi.  

Continue to pray for the Holy Father. 

Papal Tweet
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Tax Collector's post:
  • jovan66102