Catholic Theology of Justification, Sanctification
(05-09-2020, 08:38 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I'm sure you were well meaning in posting this, but I'd note the title of the thread is Catholic Theology of Justification, Sanctification.

What you have presented is not at all the Catholic teaching.

If only the billion of us, plus all the theologians up until Luther could read Scripture correctly, we'd have figured out the right definition.
Justification: By Grace through faith that works by love in Baptism, or Baptism of Desire.

Sanctification: Each Good Work done in the State of Grace is supernaturally meritorious.

That is to say, Almighty God has promised a reward in Scripture for each such good work.

(This also applies to every act of reception of the Sacraments, God's Graces gifted to us).

This is even manifestly evident in such texts as 1 Cor 3:13-15 which Protestants don't see.

It says every good work done on the foundation of Christ will have a reward from the Lord.

It says every bad work, i.e. all the sins on our soul will be burned up in fire, viz Purgatory.

Hence, there is a great difference between good or fervent Christians and those lukewarm.

And hence also it is clear that good works are of the greatest importance and indispensable.

Perseverance: It is not enough to be justified to be saved, as some Protestants think.

Justification!=(not equal to)Salvation;Justification+Sanctification+Perseverance=Salvation.

Hence, why St. Peter admonishes us in his 2nd Epistle to add good works and virtue to faith.

This is evident even in Protestant Bibles: 2 Pet 1:"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

Thus also why Our Lord says, "12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved" (Mat 24:12-13)
"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and Priests ..."

https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/