"Weird Christians" NYT article on trad turn
(05-12-2020, 07:33 PM)lukeg03 Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 09:27 PM)Fionnchu Wrote: Opinion

Christianity Gets Weird

Modern life is ugly, brutal and barren. Maybe you should try a Latin Mass.

It's sad that Latin Mass, even Novus Ordo Latin Mass, is considered wierd for Catholics. But unsuprising, given the fact that the Church has done away with most of the outward signs of our Catholicity.

Of course it's considered weird. Imagine if Catholics from 1920 could be transported into a mass in 2020 (I know, we don't have masses in 2020) they would never believe it's Catholic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • formerbuddhist
(05-12-2020, 09:28 PM)Eric F Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 07:33 PM)lukeg03 Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 09:27 PM)Fionnchu Wrote: Opinion

Christianity Gets Weird

Modern life is ugly, brutal and barren. Maybe you should try a Latin Mass.

It's sad that Latin Mass, even Novus Ordo Latin Mass, is considered wierd for Catholics. But unsuprising, given the fact that the Church has done away with most of the outward signs of our Catholicity.

Of course it's considered weird. Imagine if Catholics from 1920 could be transported into a mass in 2020 (I know, we don't have masses in 2020) they would never believe it's Catholic.

Tradition is on the rise and the NO is dying. 'Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.'

Face masks are the new chapel veils, you know? Lemme explain... You wear a chapel veil to the NO Mass, and you get those weird looks. It's sort of like in the early days of the coronavirus here in the States. You wore a face mask and people are like, "What's with you?" 

But now these days if you don't wear a face mask, you're out just like if you don't wear a chapel veil into the SSPX chapel the people are like, "Here this is for you. Please cover your head."
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Quote:That's part of why I couldn't remain a Catholic, I felt like it was me doing something the Church itself no longer officially taught or believed.

Understandable. But the Church does officially teach and believe these things. It's too bad so many priests have descended to the level of bureaucrats, but it doesn't change a darned thing. History bears this truth out.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.