Hello-Just Joined
I am happy to now be a part of "Fisheaters" forum! 

I am used to Catholic Answers forum, so please bear with me as I adjust to a different one.  I remain a part of Catholic Answers-I feel it is a great forum.  I am a trad Catholic, but in the spirit of feeling that a unity between the old and the new needs to ultimately take place.  I may post on topics related to the "new" at times.

I have been trying to start a new Catholic ministry called "Nomen Christi Apostolate," which will deal with short and long-term disaster preparedness and "sustainability" (please don't misinterpret what I mean by that word-I simply use it to mean closeness to nature and God, in contrast to this techno, unnatural culture).  For now, the ministry largely consists of running a blog and getting ideas out there.  For personal reasons, I have been unable to move the ministry beyond this level, though I do hope to progress further in the coming days.  I am especially interested in adding to the global discourse on our current difficult situation, primarily from a spiritual and preparedness point of view.

I am not providing a link to my personal site, because I am not sure if it is allowed.  (Moderators please advise me.)  I did not see anything in the rules about it.  Catholic Answers does not allow it, except in the profile.  I have added it to my profile here.

I look forward to a wonderful experience here and making new friends!  Thank you to those who have created and maintain this site.
[-] The following 3 users Like CF Mathews's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Teresa Agrorum, Zedta
(05-13-2020, 01:43 PM)CF Mathew Wrote: I have been trying to start a new Catholic ministry called "Nomen Christi Apostolate," which will deal with short and long-term disaster preparedness and "sustainability" (please don't misinterpret what I mean by that word-I simply use it to mean closeness to nature and God, in contrast to this techno, unnatural culture).  For now, the ministry largely consists of running a blog and getting ideas out there.  For personal reasons, I have been unable to move the ministry beyond this level, though I do hope to progress further in the coming days.  I am especially interested in adding to the global discourse on our current difficult situation, primarily from a spiritual and preparedness point of view.
Sounds promising, CFM. May I suggest, as a relative newcomer to FE myself after having long lurked, that whatever you use as media have a professional look, a well-rehearsed delivery online, and an attractive layout.

Too many sites I've encountered in the (to me previously unfamiliar) traditional media realm online annoy me by their 1) incessant appeals for $$$ 2) pop-ups for upsells and/or only teasers for material one has to pony-up cash for 3) "televangelist" slickness that seeps in from the motivational speaker strategy that admittedly overlaps with quite a few leading lay or clerical presenters for Catholic teaching.

I realize most of these people are trying to make a living solely by these hit-generating, eye-ball catching methods. Which may not be easy to avoid or minimize.

Furthermore, I note by contrast a "talking head" and a Webcam in a bare room by a mumbling, soda-sipping, rambling presenter, however earnest or however many advanced degrees, does not generate many viewers either, and languishes with nearly no viewers. Even if he or she has substance to share.

So, a sense of decorum, of aesthetic dignity as it were, and reverence: those too to me remain essential for "truth."
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fionnchu's post:
  • jovan66102
Welcome! I am also new to this forum. I was permanantly banned from CAF, so ya. Anyways, one thing to bear in mind on this forum is that, unlike the Catholic Answers forums, there is a great multitude of opinions on this forum, some of which I believe are very incorrect. Keep in mind, as well, that this is a self-selected group of posters, and this will affect the opinions you receive here. There will certainly be a right-leaning bias to the forum. Like any forum which targets those with similar beliefs, it is somewhat of an echo-chamber. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't assess each argument based on its own merits(you should), but it does mean that common consensus will bias to the right. Unfortunately, there is an amount of conspiracy theory-ness here, which I find unproductive. However, it overall can be a great discussion place. The people here are very orthodox in their Catholicism. They appreciate Scholasticism, the Fathers, Saints, and Tradition in general. Theological discussion is deep and very steeped in traditional teachings of the Church. 

Veritas vos liberabit. Christus Vincit.
Welcome, welcome. I hope you enjoy posting here.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"But thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has transported us out of darkness into his marvelous light when through these lights exteriorly given we are disposed to reenter the mirror of our mind in which divine realities shine forth."
-St. Bonaventure, Itinerarium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • CF Mathews
(05-13-2020, 03:55 PM)Fionnchu Wrote: Sounds promising, CFM. May I suggest, as a relative newcomer to FE myself after having long lurked, that whatever you use as media have a professional look, a well-rehearsed delivery online, and an attractive layout.

Too many sites I've encountered in the (to me previously unfamiliar) traditional media realm online annoy me by their 1) incessant appeals for $$$ 2) pop-ups for upsells and/or only teasers for material one has to pony-up cash for 3) "televangelist" slickness that seeps in from the motivational speaker strategy that admittedly overlaps with quite a few leading lay or clerical presenters for Catholic teaching.

I realize most of these people are trying to make a living solely by these hit-generating, eye-ball catching methods. Which may not be easy to avoid or minimize.

Furthermore, I note by contrast a "talking head" and a Webcam in a bare room by a mumbling, soda-sipping, rambling presenter, however earnest or however many advanced degrees, does not generate many viewers either, and languishes with nearly no viewers. Even if he or she has substance to share.

So, a sense of decorum, of aesthetic dignity as it were, and reverence: those too to me remain essential for "truth."
I couldn't agree more.  My attitude is keeps things as simple as possible.  I hate all the doodads and you don't even know where to look and there are so many distractions.  You'll never get that from me.  I am a minimalist in all things, at least trying!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CF Mathews's post:
  • Fionnchu
(05-13-2020, 04:44 PM)lukeg03 Wrote: Welcome! I am also new to this forum. I was permanantly banned from CAF, so ya. Anyways, one thing to bear in mind on this forum is that, unlike the Catholic Answers forums, there is a great multitude of opinions on this forum, some of which I believe are very incorrect. Keep in mind, as well, that this is a self-selected group of posters, and this will affect the opinions you receive here. There will certainly be a right-leaning bias to the forum. Like any forum which targets those with similar beliefs, it is somewhat of an echo-chamber. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't assess each argument based on its own merits(you should), but it does mean that common consensus will bias to the right. Unfortunately, there is an amount of conspiracy theory-ness here, which I find unproductive. However, it overall can be a great discussion place. The people here are very orthodox in their Catholicism. They appreciate Scholasticism, the Fathers, Saints, and Tradition in general. Theological discussion is deep and very steeped in traditional teachings of the Church. 

Veritas vos liberabit. Christus Vincit.

If you have been banned, you have my deep respect!  LOL.  Yes, I've had probs on CAF too-they run that place like the Gestapo-it has its positives and negatives, like anything else.  

As for conspiracy theory, I actually like that stuff.  I think I will fit right in.  I think I have finally found my people!
Hello and welcome to FE!
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • CF Mathews
Welcome. :)

I also used to be a member of CAF and got banned, there were some great people there but also some very toxic ones, the real problem however was the fact that they would ban you for criticizing hierarchy, so someone who called themselves catholic could say they are pro LGBT because James Martin said it was okay and has a rainbow rosary and yet at that point they essentially have immunity at CAF and cannot be criticized/rebuked while spreading their lies and heresy. If you say they are wrong, their souls are in danger, James Martin is a heretic and his soul is likewise in grave danger.... well, it's obvious why I got banned lol

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
(05-14-2020, 08:42 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: Welcome. :)

I also used to be a member of CAF and got banned, there were some great people there but also some very toxic ones, the real problem however was the fact that they would ban you for criticizing hierarchy, so someone who called themselves catholic could say they are pro LGBT because James Martin said it was okay and has a rainbow rosary and yet at that point they essentially have immunity at CAF and cannot be criticized/rebuked while spreading their lies and heresy. If you say they are wrong, their souls are in danger, James Martin is a heretic and his soul is likewise in grave danger.... well, it's obvious why I got banned lol

God Bless You

I have not been banned and continue to post there frequently, though I have been in trouble a few times!  Thank you for the welcome!
I'm sorry my new friends but I am already disillusioned with this forum.  I am saying goodbye for now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CF Mathews's post:
  • jovan66102