KVM Switch and USB peripheral ports
I'm looking to add a kvm switch to my home work set up. Only issue is that Im finding kvm switches that are either overkill or falling short of what Im looking for. Ideally I'm looking for: -connects to my laptop and desk top -will support 4k video to one monitor at 60hz -comes with 4 or more USB ports for more peripherals than just a mouse and keyboard.
Alternatively, can I use a USB hub to add extra ports? If I can, does it need to be powered?
Grateful for any recommendations or help in finding a solution.
usps tracking showbox speed test
You definitely can use a USB hub. It would only need to be powered if you have devices attached which expect a lot of power (like a scanner or external hard drive without a separate power cable) and the KVM itself doesn't provide power to them (which could vary by model).

This one has a single powered USB 2.0 port, plus two for keyboard/mouse. It claims to support HDMI 4K at 60Hz. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B078LY741V

There don't seem to be a lot of KVM models out there which support 4K, which is surprising to me in 2020.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.