Would this be an act of serious disobedience?
Long story short: daughter 1 one year old today.
Where I live (NL, Canada), there's a COVID-19 rule of having no more than "two bubbles" (viz. households) intermingle.
Through discussions with both grandparents, we decided to go with my parents as the "second bubble".
Anyway, it appears as though plans have been made to have BOTH sets of grandparents here this evening.
I'll actually be upstairs working during most of it, but am I committing sin by permitting "three bubbles" in my house at once? Would it be grave?
(05-14-2020, 01:38 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Long story short: daughter 1 one year old today.
Where I live (NL, Canada), there's a COVID-19 rule of having no more than "two bubbles" (viz. households) intermingle.
Through discussions with both grandparents, we decided to go with my parents as the "second bubble".
Anyway, it appears as though plans have been made to have BOTH sets of grandparents here this evening.
I'll actually be upstairs working during most of it, but am I committing sin by permitting "three bubbles" in my house at once? Would it be grave?
Which commandment are you willfully violating with full knowledge and intent?
[-] The following 6 users Like MiserereMeiDeus's post:
  • Augustinian, FultonFan, josh987654321, jovan66102, SeekerofChrist, ServusDei
MiserereMeiDeus Wrote:
FultonFan Wrote:Long story short: daughter 1 one year old today.
Thank you, seriously.
(05-14-2020, 06:53 PM)FultonFan Wrote:
MiserereMeiDeus Wrote:
FultonFan Wrote:Long story short: daughter 1 one year old today.
Thank you, seriously.

You're welcome.  I have to do that for myself a lot.  I can be scrupulous too, though it's more out of ignorance for me rather than anything else.  It's been a pretty good incentive for me to learn.

My other problem is having passed through orthodox Judaism on my way to reversion, I have had to practice unlearning that very legalistic mentality.
(05-14-2020, 01:38 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Long story short: daughter 1 one year old today.

Well I broke our Covid-19 rules in Australia a couple times, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, I took my own necessary precautions and there was no risk, and I received the sacraments in secret which they had no right to deem an 'unessential service'. It's one thing to quarantine the sick, but not the healthy, and if another pandemic shows up, what are we going to do? Go into house arrest again and have no sacraments for the rest of our lives in obedience to government and fear?

While we should not treat Covid-19 lightly, unfortunately the propaganda has made people extra terrified and caused others in authority to go beyond reasonable measures and overstep their authority. Remember too, it's not like you held your "three bubbles" against their will to be in the same house at once, we do have free will, what's far worse is barring the sacraments and then facing the possibility of getting sick anyway through essential services.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • HailGilbert, SeekerofChrist