'Emergency calls only'
Anybody else having trouble with a cell phone?

Where we live out in the country, service is always spotty at best, but now it's nearly non-existent.

I miss our landline. It worked.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
I have a 'Tracphone' LG Flip phone. I also live in a rural area in North Florida, just north of Gainesville. My daughters complain, when they visit, how hard it is to use their phones in my house. I like it that way and when I am out and about, my phone works just fine and I haven't had to 'upgrade' since I put my first 'smart phone' away in 2010. This one cost me $15 and I can text on it as well as talk to someone--ya on a telephone, whoda thought? It also will give me access to internet, so I can check the weather radar while I am out and about, especially during the summer when thunderstorms are an issue.

As for the 'land line', I have one of those and don't plan on parting with it. Cell phones can be sketchy during a hurricane, but I've found the landline is often more reliable. Then of course, I have my 2 meter HAM radio, which always works.

Always gotta be ready!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
This is good advice. I'll be getting a 'Tracphone'.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.