I QUIT!
I am committing apostasy. This is too much. It's the Church of Virtual Reality. Good bye.
(05-15-2020, 06:47 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: I am committing apostasy. This is too much. It's the Church of Virtual Reality. Good bye.

Lol, what?
What's the "this" and what's the "it's" you're referring to?

Perhaps your account has been hacked?
I am very confused. I hope everything is okay...
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Ambrosiano
(05-15-2020, 06:47 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: I am committing apostasy.

So, you're not just leaving the Catholic Church but you're repudiating Christianity as a whole?

Quote:This is too much.

What is too much?  The scandals?  The watered down teaching?  Pope Francis in general?  The Church's response to the COVID-19 crisis?

Quote:It's the Church of Virtual Reality. 

This leads me to think that maybe the last straw for you is the Church's response to COVID-19.  Is that correct?

Quote:Good bye.

I hope this isn't really good-bye.  Most of us here would like to help you remain in the Church, to the best of our ability to do so.  Please let us know more context, maybe we can help.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 5 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Ambrosiano, antiquarian, Augustinian, Catherine, Mourning Dove
Talk to us, please.
You made a thread, after all.
What’s wrong?
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • ActusFidei313, SeekerofChrist
(05-15-2020, 06:47 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: I am committing apostasy. This is too much. It's the Church of Virtual Reality. Good bye.
It is Christ's church and the fallible beings running it. We are being chastised heavily right now. Hang in there! Please don't give up on the way, the truth and the life!

2 Timothy 3:12-13

And all that will live Godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall grow worse and worse: erring, and driving into error.

Isaias 41:10-11

Fear not, for I am with thee: turn not aside, for I am thy God: I have strengthened thee, and have helped thee, and the right hand of my just one hath upheld thee. Behold all that fight against thee shall be confounded and ashamed, they shall be as nothing, and the men shall perish that strive against thee.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Ruth Catherine
Please pray. He is a good man.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.

Man up.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(05-16-2020, 10:32 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:

Man up.

I can't help but think of martyrs like the Christians that wicked Nero burned alive as his scapegoats, or of St. Perpetua and St. Felicity slain by gladiators, or St. Ignatius ripped apart by beasts, and so many countless others.  Did these brave souls say "enough, I quit"?  Do we think that because we must suffer through cowardly, worldly leadership, that the Faith must be false?  If God did not spare his martyrs the terrible deaths they endured, why should we expect to be so privileged as to always have solid leaders at the helm?  This isn't the first time our bishops have shown their true colors to be different shades of yellow, nor is it the first time that many of our pastors have been inadequate to the role.  Did the faithful of ages past say "enough, I quit"?  Some did and they are gone now.  The Church remains, just as Christ promised it would.  I encourage our friend to rethink his decision and turn back from such a fateful choice.  In Hell, one might be able to say "this is too much" but one never gets to say "goodbye" to the eternal punishment.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 5 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Ambrosiano, JacafamalaRedux, jovan66102, SeeTheLight, ^Coemgen^