Marked with a cross
People are saying we've been marked with a cross or marked with 666 - isaish 24 commentary . I'm worried as I keep falling and looking to renew my relationship with God, there's no way I can have a cross?
(05-18-2020, 04:50 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: People are saying we've been marked with a cross or marked with 666 - isaish 24 commentary . I'm worried as I keep falling and looking to renew my relationship with God, there's no way I can have a cross?

Huh? How is the Sign of the Cross supposed to be a mark of the beast? Remember too, the devil is proud, this is not going to be something you will be completely ignorant about or completely secret. It may be subtle but anyone half awake will see it. The real danger is when the number 666 is no longer even blinked at or seen as taboo, for it desensitizes the masses to it in preparation, just like taking the Lord's name in Vain in Movies etc.

The Sign of the Cross done reverently is one of the most Holy signs you can make and instantly sends the devil fleeing.

God Bless You
I think your misunderstanding, the apocalypse book said God will seal his people. I'm just worried this has happened and I've missed the ark
[-] The following 1 user Likes Petersimon1's post:
  • MiserereMeiDeus
(05-18-2020, 08:10 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: I think your misunderstanding, the apocalypse book said God will seal his people. I'm just worried this has happened and I've missed the ark

Pray a decade of the Holy Rosary and read some of the Scriptures or Saints and I'm sure such scruples/fear/concern will pass, we can only do the best we can and remember 'Jesus, I Trust In You' and that He never rejects a contrite heart.

God Bless You
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • MiserereMeiDeus, Teresa Agrorum
(05-18-2020, 04:50 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: People are saying we've been marked with a cross or marked with 666 - isaish 24 commentary . I'm worried as I keep falling and looking to renew my relationship with God, there's no way I can have a cross?

People say all kinds of things.  No need to worry about what people say.  Just confess your sins and love God and your neighbor...and don't worry about our place in history.

(05-18-2020, 08:10 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: I think your misunderstanding, the apocalypse book said God will seal his people. I'm just worried this has happened and I've missed the ark
Meant to only hit reply. Anyway...

There's nothing to worry about...other than maintaining your effort to remain in a state of grace and to fill ourselves up with good works.  You're already marked with baptism and confirmation (when the bishop or priest made the sign of the cross on your forehead), so you're in the ark except when you decide to go for a swim (mortal sin).  In that case, you confess and get back in the ark again, like a man being rescued after falling overboard.

We don't need to be concerned about where we are in the timeline of history, just on what we do with the time we are given.  No matter where we are in the timeline, we're going to die someday, today or in 50 years.  Either way, our job doesn't change.  Follow Christ today and let tomorrow worry about itself.  

It might be interesting to think about but it isn't actually important.
[-] The following 3 users Like MiserereMeiDeus's post:
  • josh987654321, jovan66102, Teresa Agrorum
Also remember as I said above, the devil is proud so it will be a mark on the hand or forehead without which one will not be able to buy or sell, we definitely have not seen this mark yet, but I have seen some possibilities on the horizon to watch out for, such as Bill Gates and his 060606 patent on a quantum dot implant on the hand using genetic enzymes called 'Luciferase', in any case this will be rather clear for anyone paying attention if they attempt to roll it out and enforce it, even from a non religious perspective any kind of implant for monitoring and tracking the human race is extremely dangerous and an insanely bad idea on so many levels (They currently do this with our Mobile Phones, but at least we can leave them at home or get rid of them).

I also don't see him getting away with such a thing or mass acceptance of such a thing while Trump is still in office in the US.

God Bless You
Also such a thing can't happen until the technology is at a stage where societies all go completely cashless, while ever cash exists such a mark could never prevent you from buying or selling, only when absolutely everything is online and cash is removed completely that such a thing will be possible IMO.

God Bless You