Restoration or second coming?
Are we awaiting a great restoration (our lady of good success) or the second coming? I know we have to live each day as if it's our last. Just want your opinion
Both IMO.

Catechism of the Catholic Church Wrote:677 The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection. 579 The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God's victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven.580 God's triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgment after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world. 581

If the Church will follow Christ in His passion and death, then likewise in His resurrection.

God Bless You
Are they the same thing, the restoration is the second coming?
(05-18-2020, 05:13 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: Are they the same thing, the restoration is the second coming?

Don't know, but we do know we will go through a great trial in the Church that will shake the faith of many believers (already happening), that she will undergo the passion and death with Christ, and then the resurrection which is what the restoration will be, I don't know exactly what's suppose to happen after that, there is a period of peace in the book of apocalypse where the devil is chained for a time (1,000 years if my memory is correct) and then unleashed one final time.

God Bless You
Do we have to do both? Just kidding.

Marie-Julie Jahenny (approved 1875, Bishop Fournier of Nantes) claimed the tribulation would begin in France. Now the French government has shuttered the churches completely; I have not seen a plan to reopen them. Likewise Jahenny said the restoration was to begin there also and the rise of a great monarch would take place, a precious hope.

But we can see plainly that only God can triumph in this mess--the Church has failed to prevent it, possibly because we believed more in ourselves than in God.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(05-18-2020, 05:09 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: Both IMO.

Catechism of the Catholic Church Wrote:677 The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection. 579 The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God's victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven.580 God's triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgment after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world. 581

If the Church will follow Christ in His passion and death, then likewise in His resurrection.

God Bless You

"Final Passover". Wow! Now there is a beautiful way to describe the Last Days....the Final Passover. Beautiful.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
(05-18-2020, 01:59 PM)HailGilbert Wrote: "Final Passover". Wow! Now there is a beautiful way to describe the Last Days....the Final Passover. Beautiful.

Brings to mind the Three Days of Darkness...
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • josh987654321, Teresa Agrorum