My diocese releases 46-page document on restoring sacraments
Looks like we'll have ushers pumping Purell into our hands at various points throughout the Mass, once it resumes.  Hopefully nobody gets too close to the candles.  

https://www.dioceseofjoliet.org/siteimag..._Forms.pdf
[-] The following 2 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • Adventus, josh987654321
The process to receive the Eucharist looks more complicated than handling a level 4 virus sample in a CDC airlock chamber.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • josh987654321
(05-19-2020, 10:31 PM)LionHippo Wrote: The process to receive the Eucharist looks more complicated than handling a level 4 virus sample in a CDC airlock chamber.

x2, Ridiculous.

Did they do the same when they went grocery shopping or any other 'essential services'? It's enough just to have fewer numbers a week with social distancing, dispense any who are or feel sick and then just reasonable measures like washing your hands with the gel leaving the car and going in for Mass (or before you enter as they leave a bottle of the gel at the door), and because I receive on the Tongue, if the Priest washes his hands before Mass, then only his hands are the ones I have to worry about and if he accidentally touches a tongue, stop and wash hands again before continuing.

What are we going to do if another Pandemic is released? Cower in our homes for the rest of our lives and then get sick anyway getting food/water etc?

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • LionHippo, Sacred Heart lover
10 people?  Dang.  My parish allows 88.  Granted, the max capacity is something like 350.

On the one hand, it seems excessive.  On the other hand, it seems that churches are doing more than secular (gubmint run) institutions to curb the spread of the virus.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • LionHippo
46 pages?

The local Anglican church is offering to receive the Eucharist...

With instructions in a 5 minute video and infographic on how to do so.

Not a valid Eucharist obviously...

But offering more than our cowardly bishops are doing.
Shy Wolf...If it be so...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dilecta's post:
  • LionHippo
(05-19-2020, 10:25 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Looks like we'll have ushers pumping Purell into our hands at various points throughout the Mass, once it resumes.  Hopefully nobody gets too close to the candles.  

"Resumption of Sunday (weekend) and daily masses according to parishes plan for temporary capacity, will begin once permission is granted by the State of Illinois and NOT before then."

I seem to hear a crowd chanting "We have no King but Caesar!" when I read these inspired words.
[-] The following 5 users Like ^Coemgen^'s post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, josh987654321, LionHippo, Teresa Agrorum
My friend told me via his family back in New Orleans that there, those over 65 will not be able to be admitted for services. Has anyone heard this in their dioceses?
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
(05-20-2020, 02:56 PM)^Coemgen^ Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 10:25 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Looks like we'll have ushers pumping Purell into our hands at various points throughout the Mass, once it resumes.  Hopefully nobody gets too close to the candles.  

"Resumption of Sunday (weekend) and daily masses according to parishes plan for temporary capacity, will begin once permission is granted by the State of Illinois and NOT before then."

I seem to hear a crowd chanting "We have no King but Caesar!" when I read these inspired words.

It's Robespierre!  ::Spit::

Viva la Vendee!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • HailGilbert, LionHippo
Quote:Masks should be worn for the entire time the faithful and guests are in the church

Honestly, we could have been doing this for a while now and not have to endure either streamed Masses or no Mass. Just have people stay at their pew and remove their masks when the priest comes to give Communion.
The Hospital I work for requires masks if you are unable to maintain social distancing. I don't see why our Shepherds didn't just have us do this and keep the churches open.

Quote:Before he begins distributing communion, and before he dons his face shield or mask

and goggles (just lol), the priest should announce to worshippers that the following is the
procedure for reception of Communion:
a. Move forward in single file maintaining 6 feet between each person (look for
markers on the floor.
b. Sanitize hands from table or from sanitizer offered by usher.
c. Do NOT touch your face, clothing or any other surface after sanitizing your hands
d. As you approach the priest after you have sanitized your hands, receive the Host
in your hand ONLY. i.e. "government-mandated sacrilege"
e. Step six feet to the side, remove strap from one ear of your mask or face
covering, letting it hang from the other ear and uncovering your mouth, consume
the Host.
f. Replace the mask over your mouth and nose and return to your seat

Seriously, this is more in-depth than most Hospitals. These are almost above the rubrics that nurses use when dealing with a person who is positive for C19 and in treatment. Kyrie eleison.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"But thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has transported us out of darkness into his marvelous light when through these lights exteriorly given we are disposed to reenter the mirror of our mind in which divine realities shine forth."
-St. Bonaventure, Itinerarium
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • LionHippo, Sacred Heart lover
Prediction: The Panicdemic should end in November
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blind Horus's post:
  • antiquarian, LionHippo