My diocese releases 46-page document on restoring sacraments
(05-20-2020, 06:54 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: Prediction: The Panicdemic should end in November

They've already been laying the groundwork for weeks now, talking about the "resurgence" of Covid in the fall.  Obviously just in time for election season, so they can use it as a debate point against the President.  So right now the media and the Dems are calling the President's handling of it an abysmal failure, that way come fall they can say, "do you really want him in charge again?  It's because of him that you're all still in masks!"
[-] The following 2 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • Blind Horus, josh987654321
If only they would issue a 46-page document on the real presence.
[-] The following 5 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Augustinian, Eric F, josh987654321, MiserereMeiDeus, Teresa Agrorum
I think the majority will simply do what comes easiest, i,e, not go to church.
Does anyone else see dropped masks and dropped hosts when people are trying to step 6 feet away, remove one side of their mask, keep it from falling off, keep the host from falling or getting broke in their hand while trying to take the host? 

What I can't understand is why two protestant churches in my rural community have announced they will open up, no rules except masks are suggested with some social distancing, no limit on how many people, yet as Catholics we have to go through all this. I realize they do not have communion in the protestant churches but still. My diocese is having similar protocols on opening as this 46 page document.

??
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruth Catherine's post:
  • Eric F, LionHippo
(05-21-2020, 11:27 AM)Ruth Catherine Wrote: Does anyone else see dropped masks and dropped hosts when people are trying to step 6 feet away, remove one side of their mask, keep it from falling off, keep the host from falling or getting broke in their hand while trying to take the host? 

What I can't understand is why two protestant churches in my rural community have announced they will open up, no rules except masks are suggested with some social distancing, no limit on how many people, yet as Catholics we have to go through all this. I realize they do not have communion in the protestant churches but still. My diocese is having similar protocols on opening as this 46 page document.

??
Sorry, don't know what happened with that post.

Don't be surprised if before things return to anywhere near normal, the Bishops shut down everything tighter than ever in the Fall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • LionHippo
(05-21-2020, 11:27 AM)Ruth Catherine Wrote: Does anyone else see dropped masks and dropped hosts when people are trying to step 6 feet away, remove one side of their mask, keep it from falling off, keep the host from falling or getting broke in their hand while trying to take the host? 

??

Yes, it's going to be such a hassle that either the protocols will just be abandoned, or people will stop going altogether.

It'll take just one covid-paranoid person to take a picture of an infraction and post it somewhere, then maybe they'll just shut everything down.

It's like the Church is bending over backwards to prove just how cooperative they are with the government and show how they believe the science so much.

My older won was supposed to make his first communion this year, but it was canceled.  If they want us to do it under these conditions, I won't.  I'll wait until it can be done properly.  Nobody wants their kid dressed up like they're part of the Chernobyl decontamination team to make their First Holy Communion.
(05-21-2020, 01:58 PM)LionHippo Wrote: My older won was supposed to make his first communion this year, but it was canceled.  If they want us to do it under these conditions, I won't.  I'll wait until it can be done properly.  Nobody wants their kid dressed up like they're part of the Chernobyl decontamination team to make their First Holy Communion.

I get it, but unfortunately the conditions are what they are. The grace your child will receive from Communion will be well worth the humility it takes to follow the dumb panic-induced rules.
Vides ut alta stet nive candidum
Soracte, nec iam sustineant onus
     silvae laborantes, geluque
          flumina constiterint acuto.

Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
You could just ask a priest to meet in private for his first communion.