Friend Gets Visit from the Sheriff About Staying At Airbnb
So a friend of mine stayed at an Airbnb and during her visit, the law changed in the state she was in.

She called the landlord and asked what they should do since she already paid up and everything and he said don't worry about it I'll create a month lease for you which is still legal even though you'll only stay a week.

Before she left a knock at the door...it was the Sheriff who had nothing better to do than to check up on who is staying in Airbnb's since that's going to spread Corona how exactly?

She told him she had a month lease and he said okay that's allowed and left.

She was so shaken up she spent an hour crying about it later.  

What country do we live in again?
Quote:She was so shaken up she spent an hour crying about it later. What country do we live in again? 

Everyone seems to be going insane.

Normally--can I use that word any more?--normally when you hear one thing and see another, you know something's out of place. Where are all the people falling dead on the street? The morgues so full of bodies they're stacking them in the halls?

Remember this article and video of a Brooklyn hospital using a forklift to move corpses wrapped only in sheets?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/nyc-hospit...ronavirus/

The same news outlet also reported that the homeless were being housed in 'swank' hotels in order to ride out the virus; I wonder how long the city was willing to pay their board? Are they still there?--we're still here, locked up.

Today the Fargodome announced it was dismantling an emergency field hospital set up for the thousands of virus patients that never came--a large sports arena just across the river tore its down last month.

We're all sick of COVID-19. I get that. But there's something out of place, and the very least we can do is refuse to go along.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert
(05-20-2020, 07:14 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
Quote:She was so shaken up she spent an hour crying about it later. What country do we live in again? 

Everyone seems to be going insane.

Normally--can I use that word any more?--normally when you hear one thing and see another, you know something's out of place. Where are all the people falling dead on the street? The morgues so full of bodies they're stacking them in the halls?

Remember this article and video of a Brooklyn hospital using a forklift to move corpses wrapped only in sheets?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/nyc-hospit...ronavirus/

The same news outlet also reported that the homeless were being housed in 'swank' hotels in order to ride out the virus; I wonder how long the city was willing to pay their board? Are they still there?--we're still here, locked up.

Today the Fargodome announced it was dismantling an emergency field hospital set up for the thousands of virus patients that never came--a large sports arena just across the river tore its down last month.

We're all sick of COVID-19. I get that. But there's something out of place, and the very least we can do is refuse to go along.

It looks to me that this is just an effort to get rid of Trump. I know this is a worldwide phenomenon, but those desperate to get rid of him would have no problem destroying not only our domestic economy, but economies around the world as well.
Quote:It looks to me that this is just an effort to get rid of Trump. I know this is a worldwide phenomenon, but those desperate to get rid of him would have no problem destroying not only our domestic economy, but economies around the world as well.

How self-centered would a person have to be for this to be true? Add in access to lots of money, more than most people will ever see, and you've got a powder keg.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(05-21-2020, 11:33 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
Quote:It looks to me that this is just an effort to get rid of Trump. I know this is a worldwide phenomenon, but those desperate to get rid of him would have no problem destroying not only our domestic economy, but economies around the world as well.

How self-centered would a person have to be for this to be true? Add in access to lots of money, more than most people will ever see, and you've got a powder keg.
Indeed. But for those in question, they are evidently thinking that this is their moment. They're wrong, of course.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(05-21-2020, 11:33 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: How self-centered would a person have to be for this to be true?
Sociopaths will socipath.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!